24 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I think it's about time we stopped calling them 'parachute payments' as I can see no parachute, and called them what the FL and FA know they are, and call them 'CHEAT AND SWINDLE THE REST OF THE ****ING DIVISION WHILST TURNING A BLIND EYE PAYMENTS'.  

Parachute payments are to help out relegated teams who have overspent on wages etc

FFP is to punish teams who have overspent on wages etc

Fairness in football :wacko:

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

I agree but if you look at say Stoke, Swansea and West Brom. All 3 teams have dramatically reduced their wage bills and adapted to Championship level with more realistic signings and the sale of better players. Even Villa had to tighten things up for the last couple of years. If you come out of the Prem with a good team theres always a chance you will do well and go back up with or without parachute payments. 

I agree with your proposals though. They should be used as a parachute and not as a rocket to sign the hottest in form Championship striker for a lot of money. 

I thank you for your 'support' and I wondered if you'd care to team up with me and offer our services to the FL and FA to (ahem) 'handle' this matter for them, as not everyone is trustworthy enough to work with £270m a year. :ph34r: :ph34r:.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

5 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

On the other hand, Lampard's said he's going to have a look and give a chance to their academy players, fringe players and players that went out on loan... 

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-chelsea-loan-lampard-16542478

As I said in another thread SSN did a Chelsea loanees side. Hector wasn't in it but the ones who were, a lot seemed to be internationals which makes me think he would be down the pecking order

Edited by darra

12 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I agree but if you look at say Stoke, Swansea and West Brom. All 3 teams have dramatically reduced their wage bills and adapted to Championship level with more realistic signings and the sale of better players. Even Villa had to tighten things up for the last couple of years. If you come out of the Prem with a good team theres always a chance you will do well and go back up with or without parachute payments. 

I agree with your proposals though. They should be used as a parachute and not as a rocket to sign the hottest in form Championship striker for a lot of money. 

To make it more fairer or more equally balanced, I would increase the FFP/P&S three year maximum amounts to the same amount, as whatever the amount is that the relegated teams from the top flight receive, over the same period? 

2 minutes ago, darra said:

As I said in another thread SSN did a Chelsea loanees side. Hector wasn't in it but the ones who were, a lot seemed to be internationals which makes me think he would be down the pecking order

That's true, they got so many players. He's an international too. If they decide to look at players who were out on loan in the Championship, then Lampard might look at him because he should know about him. If they're allowed to loan players out, then maybe they'd consider loaning him out again but with some kind of an agreement for a transfer after the loan is completed?

42 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

I'm assuming you mean for geographical reasons?

Partly, but Fulham have been in the PL a few times and, like it or not, are seen as a bigger club than us. They are certainly viewed as more likely to be a PL club again before us.

Everyone crying about parachute payments yet look how many teams over the last few years have won promotion without parachute payments. Norwich, Sheffield United, Wolves, Cardiff, Fulham, Brighton and Huddersfield all went up without. 

So over the last 3 years 7 of the 9 promoted teams haven’t been receiving parachute payments.

49 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Hope so... 

Regardless, I trust Bruce and believe we've finally got the right manager but the way it seems, he's hindered by past managers reckless spending, the chairman's stubbornness and FFP/P&S rules. It's just our luck, to finally get a rich owner, to have had clueless managers wasting his money amid poor advice, then when we finally get a proven decent manager he's got barely a penny to spend, due to the rules and past managers spending. :duntmatter:lol

90 minutes away from the premier league twice isn’t really reckless spending and stubbornness is it ? A few signings didn’t work out, but ever team in the land has them. I truly believe Mr Chansiri will do everything he can to assist Steve Bruce in getting us promotion. UTO 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Parachute payments designed to keep about 25 teams in or around the premier league. Same teams up and little movement in teams at the bottom. A closed shop policy to protect supposed big clubs and if any slip up almost guarantee promotion with the uneven playing field.

I agree with you, but initially when they were proposing the PL and talking about making a "closed shop" of the "bigger" clubs, we were one of those "bigger" clubs.

Sometimes you reap what you sow, it's come back to bite us on the arse and unfortunately we have been overtaken by many "smaller" clubs.

We still have the potential to regain and indeed keep our status as one of the PL mainstay clubs (albeit  probably a bottom half one nowadays).

53 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Partly, but Fulham have been in the PL a few times and, like it or not, are seen as a bigger club than us. They are certainly viewed as more likely to be a PL club again before us.

Exactly. Fulham have been in the Prem for 14 seasons out of the last 19. We have been in it 0. I think a lot of our fans still live in the 90s to be honest.