2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Exactly. Fulham have been in the Prem for 14 seasons out of the last 19. We have been in it 0. I think a lot of our fans still live in the 90s to be honest. 

They're definetly seen as a more likely PL club than us and have a better team.

But "bigger" I would still say it's us, nobody ever talks about Fulham as "sleeping giants" people (neutrals)  still talk about us in those terms.

The difficult part is getting back to the PL and fulfilling that potential, before even more clubs overtake us and leave us behind.

Btw I wish it was still the early 90's. Alas times change.

2 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Still depressing that Chelsea bought him for the same amount we paid for JVA

But hasn't Hector been pretty inconsistent over his career until he came to us?

Dont get me wrong he was magnificent for us and I’d love him back if he carries on playing like he did, but his inconsistency may be why he hasn’t been in demand until this season?

8 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

DSkrGOXXcAE42gl.jpg

You can’t beat a bit of Viz. Indeed my user name was derived from the old post masturbation condition that is universally known as “sticky belly flap cõck” WTF:

Edited by Sticky belly
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Sticky belly said:

You can’t beat a bit of Viz. Indeed my user name was derived from the old post masturbation condition that is universally known as “sticky belly flap cõck” WTF:

Check out Blenkers new additions Mr Sticky Tum  ..

It's the "Flecher Bannan" range 

Available in the Owls store next week ...

viz-comics-b55c971a-e02f-45d1-be5b-532c873f119-resize-750.jpeg

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 6

26 minutes ago, rob1601 said:

We’ve no chance of signing Hector on anything other than loan again. Chelsea just sold Aina and Kalas for 8 million each and they both had 1 year left on contracts and had been perpetually on loan to teams.

However rich we are 8mill for Hector is to high, as much as I admire him.  

4 minutes ago, james o connor said:

The best players will go to the best teams . Regardless of how deluded some fans are , we are a mid table team . need to sign other quality loans elsewhere 

Brizzle spunked 8 mill in Kalas, midtable club.  

Swfc spunked money on ridiculousness and now have to play the penury card.

Table status means little.

Guest Willow Owl
6 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

Everyone crying about parachute payments yet look how many teams over the last few years have won promotion without parachute payments. Norwich, Sheffield United, Wolves, Cardiff, Fulham, Brighton and Huddersfield all went up without. 

So over the last 3 years 7 of the 9 promoted teams haven’t been receiving parachute payments.

The issue for me is they are coming down and paying ridiculous prices for bang average players, inflating the transfer market 10 fold. Look at Stoke last year spent over 60 million quid and paid massively over the odds. Thats why majority of clubs are struggling against FFP in my opinion.

8 hours ago, Beholder said:

Cvnts.

Parachute riches for the few, punitive austerity in the form of ffp for the rest.

Another rigged system that favours elitism. 

Everybody hates a dirty trick unless they're in on it.:unsure:

Edited by Hougoumont

I’ve been out all afternoon, had 5 excellent pints of beer, just got in and ordered a takeaway. Some of you need to learn to enjoy the close season. I hope Hector will be our player, but if he ain’t he ain’t. @ me when we actually really know something. xxx

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

The issue for me is they are coming down and paying ridiculous prices for bang average players, inflating the transfer market 10 fold. Look at Stoke last year spent over 60 million quid and paid massively over the odds. Thats why majority of clubs are struggling against FFP in my opinion.

But the point is the teams with money to spend from parachute payments aren’t the ones being successful. People think spending large sums of money equivocates to success and that’s not true.

Does Stoke spending that money make the market inflated? I think that just made Stoke poor in the market, it’s like the old saying having more money than sense. 

For example the 2 automatically promoted teams last year Norwich and Sheffield United both had to sell players to the Premier league to then fund signings last summer. Norwich sold both Maddison to Leicester and Murphy to Cardiff. United sold Brooks to Bournemouth.