If Chelsea want too much for Hector we will need to rely on Bruce to find a decent replacement in the bargain bucket. Hector was great and I'd love him to come back but if he doesn't so be it.

Our season doesn't depend on one player.

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

If Chelsea want too much for Hector we will need to rely on Bruce to find a decent replacement in the bargain bucket. Hector was great and I'd love him to come back but if he doesn't so be it.

Our season doesn't depend on one player.

Exactly Prowl. I mentioned in another thread how it would be good to get Hector back, but adding yet another CB to Lees, Iorfa, Borner, Thorniley, Van Aken, Fox and Hutch, the latter 2 who can play there, gives us as much imbalance in terms of numbers as our strikeforce. Add the defenders and strikers together, and we have a wealth of riches to choose from !!

Our midfield however, consists of Bannan, Lee  Pelupessy,Reach, Harris, Odubajo and possibly Hutch, and it is in this area of the pitch where I believe we need additions and more options.

11 hours ago, OwlinOldham said:

While i do hope we sign Hector, i dont want it to be at a cost of us falling into the same trap that DC is now trying so hard to get us out of. If Chelsea want big money or a bidding war breaks out, we should look elsewhere and not get burned again by holding out for one player all summer and missing out on other options.

Absolutely.

I hope Mr Chansiri has found a way of generating funds for Bruce to improve the squad, but I also hope that money is to be used sensibly. As much as I like Hector, paying an over the top transfer fee and taking on a huge contract isn't what we should be doing. Let's learn from what's got us in to this mess and be more prudent in our business. Our city rivals have proven money isn't everything, and we've proven you can spend a sh*t tonne of it and go nowhere.

On 06/07/2019 at 13:12, Mr Farrell said:

Not over until it's over, and plenty of good defenders out there.

More important we don't overpay yet again.

This - Bruce knows his players .. he won't be scouting over 200 and signing someone that isn't physically up to scratch - he knows whats needed in a defender and i trust him to sign someone decent whether thats Hector or not

Its died down a little which is good but fans need to move on from Hector and fingers crossed, Bruce will bring a gem in