New ownership, £21m more share capital

58 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

True. But if no one knows what's going on then it isn't all doom and gloom either.

Let's hope at least one person knows what's going on, hopefuly someone at SWFC 

Edited by darklord

4 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

From my limited understanding. I didn’t think that new ownership or investment made any difference to FFP given that most of the losses have already taken place? Otherwise owners would just write off losses very easily and go again? sales of assets/players seems to be the focus?

I think the stadium sale will cover P&S and this share business is a cash injection for new signings, maybe DC felt inflating the stadium price to allow for transfers as well as dept removal was taking the wee wee abit too far like derby did, so he did this aswell

Edited by keepitsteel89
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, prowl said:

The EFL would not accept a peppercorn rent as a legitimate transaction. It would have to be at or about market rates to pass the smell test.

There are lots of different ways to set up leases but if the rent didn't finance the buying cost warning bells would sound in the EFL. Say the gound is worth £20M and money can be borrowed at 5%, (made up figures) it would cost £1m to pay the interest on the money used to buy the ground. If the new owner set the rent at £100K, questions would be asked. If it was £1m or more it might be considered reasonable (ish).

At the end of the day EFL aren't daft, you can probably get away with fudging the figures a bit but if you really take the P they are going to come down hard on you.

D-taxi`s and Elev8 :Chansiri:

20 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

I'll bet not many get that Ghost?

I used to love that song and i hate country and western as a rule.  

Hollish group weren't they?

I prefer this pop chat to all this financial guessing.

Lovely singer with long blonde hair 

10 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Impossible to know at this stage as there’s no Companies House entry for Sheffield Wednesday Holdings Ltd

The holdings company may not be a limited company which would explain why it is not registered with companies house 

No matter what your opinions on DC are, nobody can fault his ambition and financial backing of the club. I’d love to know what his long term plans are if ever we do make it to the premier league 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A lot of jumping to conclusions in the thread on FFP and a Stadium sale. Nothing in the statement  at companies  house sheds any light on either of these points. It does tells us that ownership has passed from DC as an individual to a ltd company. Why? The ownership has no impact on p&l so no impact on FFP so it has nothing to do with that so presumably is linked to ownership and/or funding. What we don’t know is the timing of the increase in share capital. Did DC transfer/sell his 25 million shares to the new company and then the added £21m capital was injected? In which case presumably it would be new funding but may just have been used to repay DC some of his debt. Or did he swap his debt for equity before the transfer in which case there was no new funding. Either way by now there must have been £70m to £80m of debt so it would still only be a drop in his self made debt ocean.

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

As a bit of a simpleton I have no idea what any of this business stuff is about. All I want to know is SPENAGEDDON 2 destination Premier League about to launch???

I don’t think so, I reckon it means we still have to sell players and spend the same or less than we’ve sold. But it means we aren’t in an embargo preventing us from buying. Is my guess