New ownership, £21m more share capital

£40m+ in debt, tried to convince football league ground was worth it, they said no, deal restructured to include shares to provide value. DC's new company owns half of swfc and a ground. Sheffield 3 leases ground, charges swfc £1 rent a year.

Or...... No idea what's going on. Don't even know if that makes sense.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

£40m+ in debt, tried to convince football league ground was worth it, they said no, deal restructured to include shares to provide value. DC's new company owns half of swfc and a ground. Sheffield 3 leases ground, charges swfc £1 rent a year.

Or...... No idea what's going on. Don't even know if that makes sense.

Who says were in £40m of debt?

26 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

If this sort of thing can be done to avoid embargo’s or even points deductions like Birmingham faced, why didn’t Birmingham do the same?

only thing i can think of is nobody was willing to buy new shares or the cash wasn't available

2 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

As far as I’m aware the P&S figures are taken from bottom line figures from your annual P&L, something apart from interest payments, loans do form part of

So conversion of loan debt to equity is a book entry on the balance sheet, so therefore not really helping out as far as our problem is concerned, unless the league just wanted to see a reduction in debt to sign off the accounts

Company accounts is not my thing, more of a legal cashier

I think the EFL could well be simply asking for debt reduction as you suggest. However, the p&s is the bottom line minus “add backs” which do not count in terms of EFL losses. Not clear what all add backs are so that’s where some of this could come into play.

Guest mkowl
59 minutes ago, Kameron said:

If the debt is cleared and a small profit is shown, he can spend inline with P&S rules, hopefully this time with a manager who knows what he's doing we won't end up in this situation again.  Had DC not been able to do this we would have been looking at a full transfer embargo and points deduction.  If it comes off we go from having to endure another season of mediocrity to hopefully being able to challenge the top 6, there's no guarantees but at least this will bring the optimism back and lift the atmosphere around the place, we can start the new season in high spirits instead of doom and gloom, can't wait now. 

The issue of shares will have zero impact on the profit and loss account and thus the assessment on FFP.

This may all be connected with the sale of the stadium to this new Holding company and if that shows an accounting profit it may clear most of the historic issue with FFP.

To me this is all a fix to solve the past not a green light to go mad in the future.

Crux is even in a normal season the club will probably lose 10m per season just standing still 

Don't think folk grasp the basic differential between our income and the much higher expenditure we have 

Guest gizowl
5 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I found it very good for keeping left overs fresh 

Mk what are you making of the latest developments re accounts, is it good, bad or irrelevant. 

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, gizowl said:

Mk what are you making of the latest developments re accounts, is it good, bad or irrelevant. 

Intrigued

Like I say in my next post think it is clearing up the problems of the past 

Can see the logic of this being related to the ground sale to said holding company

Can see why there has been a delay with the accounts 

I think the new co is probably based in an offshore jurisdiction, lose a lot of transparency down the line on how that is funded or indeed owned by

Don't see it as financial splurge version 2, hopefully DC has grasped that moneyball is only as good as the manager you employ.

Quite a few missing pieces of the jigsaw though - which I think most will fall into place soon.

The sale of the stadium even to another 100% controlled company will never sit easily with me, not for today but tomorrow

Guest gizowl
2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Intrigued

Like I say in my next post think it is clearing up the problems of the past 

Can see the logic of this being related to the ground sale to said holding company

Can see why there has been a delay with the accounts 

I think the new co is probably based in an offshore jurisdiction, lose a lot of transparency down the line on how that is funded or indeed owned by

Don't see it as financial splurge version 2, hopefully DC has grasped that moneyball is only as good as the manager you employ.

Quite a few missing pieces of the jigsaw though - which I think most will fall into place soon.

The sale of the stadium even to another 100% controlled company will never sit easily with me, not for today but tomorrow

Cheers mate. 

4 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The issue of shares will have zero impact on the profit and loss account and thus the assessment on FFP.

This may all be connected with the sale of the stadium to this new Holding company and if that shows an accounting profit it may clear most of the historic issue with FFP.

To me this is all a fix to solve the past not a green light to go mad in the future.

Crux is even in a normal season the club will probably lose 10m per season just standing still 

Don't think folk grasp the basic differential between our income and the much higher expenditure we have 

Sensible post. That's my interpretation on the very little we know.

If it is the sale of the ground it will be a sale which provides income and presumably a lease back which will be an ongoing cost.Wwe don't know the cost of the leaseback but I don't think the EFL will accept less than a market 'rent' figure. It's effectively money now pay later if that's the case. We had better get our house in order in the breathing space this provides (If it is a sale and leasback of the ground) because we can only sell the ground once.

Personally I'd rather we sold some players to sort out P & S but if we can't get enough for them this might be the only option.