New ownership, £21m more share capital

Guest Kameron
12 hours ago, mkowl said:

The issue of shares will have zero impact on the profit and loss account and thus the assessment on FFP.

This may all be connected with the sale of the stadium to this new Holding company and if that shows an accounting profit it may clear most of the historic issue with FFP.

To me this is all a fix to solve the past not a green light to go mad in the future.

Crux is even in a normal season the club will probably lose 10m per season just standing still 

Don't think folk grasp the basic differential between our income and the much higher expenditure we have 

We don’t  know for sure but it looks a mix of how Villa restructured and as Derby have done with their stadium.  If it removes the FFP issues then that has to be a positive or why would DC bother doing anything?  The fact that’s he’s being creative and at least trying to resolve our predicament suggests he wants to see this through, he could quite easily sit back take the punishment, I hope he’s got his enthusiasm back because clear off transfer restraints and a top manager we can have another go.  If this gets us out of trouble for the next couple of seasons it may just buy enough time to see a rule change which will come before long, if not I think this will be challenged in the courts as it’s not fit for purpose. 

Edited by Kameron

You cannot fault the commitment 

and time and effort big Dej puts into 

Wednesday.  Honestly always thought he genuinely cares and tries to do the right thing. Whether this is to stave off FFP or put us on a clean slate to start again. You have to recognize the time he is putting in and yet more money being sunk in. All whilst spending time away from his family. The guy owes us nowt. Yes people will moan re ticket prices, kits ect but he has always come up with solutions to counteract these issues. 

• Like 3

Glad i've put me specs on now. At first glance i thought it said Sheffield Wednesday Hooligans LTD. Had visions of a board meeting with New chairman Tommo, Treasurer Sammy, and a board consisting of other people best described as characters. On the plus side the first motion passed would have been a posse visiting Gibson for a chat

• Haha 2

Guest mkowl
9 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

That would be a major plot twist

a debt for equity swap is often done in preparation for selling to another company 

WTF:

It's what Mandaric did !

Guest mkowl
42 minutes ago, Kameron said:

We don’t  know for sure but it looks a mix of how Villa restructured and as Derby have done with their stadium.  If it removes the FFP issues then that has to be a positive or why would DC bother doing anything?  The fact that’s he’s being creative and at least trying to resolve our predicament suggests he wants to see this through, he could quite easily sit back take the punishment, I hope he’s got his enthusiasm back because clear off transfer restraints and a top manager we can have another go.  If this gets us out of trouble for the next couple of seasons it may just buy enough time to see a rule change which will come before long, if not I think this will be challenged in the courts as it’s not fit for purpose. 

I concur that it does give that breathing space. Hopefully rather than Carte blanche to do it all again. 

29 minutes ago, Owl Capone said:

Glad i've put me specs on now. At first glance i thought it said Sheffield Wednesday Hooligans LTD. Had visions of a board meeting with New chairman Tommo, Treasurer Sammy, and a board consisting of other people best described as characters. On the plus side the first motion passed would have been a posse visiting Gibson for a chat

Not much difference in a board of directors and gang of hoolies.  Wanna be alpha males playing it out in their own social classes. 

Probably have more in common than they realise.  

It's interesting how we've made this work, the ground is in the books for c23m... so it needs to have sold for what, 40m, to make enough profit to assist ffp. (hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong here)

I'm guessing it must have been valued on an investment basis with us as tenant, Leeds used to pay 2m, that means we're going to have to pay upwards of that and with a pretty generous yield calculation to get anywhere near 40m.

Sure they'll be a meltdown when everyone sees a wacking big rent through next years books!! 

Of course, I could be completely wrong!!

Guest mkowl

Without getting all technical the stadium will be valued on a depreciated replacement cost basis. So you work out the cost of rebuilding to the same specification then depreciate it based on number of years left of it's useful life.

So you are not using rental yield or how much you could sell if for housing. It's the worth as a functioning football stadium.

What you won't be able to do is just charge a peppercorn rent for S &P

So the same rule that says DC can't sponsor the shirts for 10m would be invoked to substitute a market value rent for the purpose of the S & P calculation. The accounts can still have a £1 charge 

Edited by mkowl

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

I concur that it does give that breathing space. Hopefully rather than Carte blanche to do it all again. 

Indeed.

A clean slate to hopefully atone for some of the previous mistakes. 

5 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Without getting all technical the stadium will be valued on a depreciated replacement cost basis. So you work out the cost of rebuilding to the same specification then depreciate it based on number of years left of it's useful life.

So you are not using rental yield or how much you could sell if for housing. It's the worth as a functioning football stadium.

What you won't be able to do is just charge a peppercorn rent.

So the same rule that says DC can't sponsor the shirts for 10m would be invoked to substitute a market value rent for the purpose of the S & P calculation. The accounts can still have a £1 charge 

Rebuilding to the same spec??

Well that's about 249 quid as a starting point then..:Sid:

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Indeed.

A clean slate to hopefully atone for some of the previous mistakes. 

I prefer to call them misjudgments

Guest mkowl
Just now, big_al1985 said:

Rebuilding to the same spec??

Well that's about 249 quid as a starting point then..:Sid:

Well that is the West Stand for sure

I can't say I understand what the flip the valuer does. In my cynical mind it will be about being given a figure and then work backwards to get that answer.

I have done work for too many farmers