New ownership, £21m more share capital

23 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The whole point of FFP was to make it a level playing field so teams without much money could compete. 

They did seem to forget about parachute payments with thinking up these rules though.

Thought the whole point of FFP was to prevent clubs all building up massive debt gambling on the PL dream and being forced into adminstration.

Since the FFP rules, going into admin has become quite rare, so it’s achieved it’s aims but it’s stifling genuine ambition

and traditional PL clubs (bigger clubs) are finding it harder to regain their natural level.

Edited by sheffsteel

5 minutes ago, sheffsteel said:

‘Thought the whole point of FFP was to prevent clubs all building up massive debt gambling on the PL dream and being forced into adminstration.

Since the FFP rules, going into admin has become quite rare, so it’s achieved it’s aims but it’s stifling genuine ambition.

You are probably right. But we was also told the lie that it was to help the smaller clubs compete as you could go and spend whatever you wanted to win the league.

39 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I've told my Blunt mates that Chansiri has found a loop hole that wipes out our debt and gives us a massive transfer kitty, it's cooking the books and a bit dodgy, but the football league can't do anything about it because it's not strictly cheating, although it really is.

They've all left the chat

Pretty sure they are firing emails off

"Well let me tell you Football League"

You have Blunt mates?  Really? Why would you do such a thing?

17 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

That would be a major plot twist

a debt for equity swap is often done in preparation for selling to another company 

WTF:

Personally I think a sale of the club is a distinct possibility in the near future as I think deep down the Chairman is frustrated with things in general particularly the P&S rules and he obviously expected promotion to the Premier League before now so I can see him engineering an exit before long?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

So, I guess you shouldn't mess with Bruce. Glad some things been done because at last we got a proven manager and it seemed like he couldn't spend anything cos of previous managers and agents, etc. Had a feeling Bruce meant business when he came here. So, can we now get all the defenders and wingers? Where's that sought after 250 defender list? lol 

Probably been binned given Van Aken was deemed the best one on it.

• Haha 1

While I know nothing about accounting and finance I can only assume this is a way out of our FFP problems. Wether that would mean a return to big spending or a more sensible approach time will tell but either way I’m sure the chairman will at last be getting prudent advice from A proper football man in Bruce