New ownership, £21m more share capital

I dont think you can fault the commitment...I just hope he has learnt from some of the previous errors.

Back Steve Bruce in a sensible manner and I'm confident we can achieve Mr Cs goal of Prem football. 

10 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

That would be a major plot twist

a debt for equity swap is often done in preparation for selling to another company 

WTF:

I remember Tan did this at Cardiff, several times, when they were heavily in debt but the ownership stayed the same. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/44731272

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I feel a bit uneasy about all of this if I'm honest. Nobody really knows anything about what is happening now and what has happened to the club over the past few weeks.  I don't like all of this Smoke and Mirror stuff. 

Tbf, do we as fans really ever know what's actually going on?

We can make rough guesses and speculate, but ultimately we have to hope those in charge know what they're doing. 

Edited by SiJ

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

I feel a bit uneasy about all of this if I'm honest. Nobody really knows anything about what is happening now and what has happened to the club over the past few weeks.  I don't like all of this Smoke and Mirror stuff. 

would you rather we were just shafted year on year by clubs coming down from the premier with parachute money to burn whilst we, and others tried to compete with them with our hands tied?

Let Bruce loose aboot this hoose.

(aka Viv Nicholson - at weekends only).

Now, let’s out spend The Blades’ premiership budget. Just to upset them. 

:Sid:

Cheeky bid for Billy Sharp?

Edited by theowlsman

9 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

would you rather we were just shafted year on year by clubs coming down from the premier with parachute money to burn whilst we, and others tried to compete with them with our hands tied?

Of course I don't want to be shafted by the clubs coming down with their failure payments but I wasn't actually referring to that was I? My unease at our "smoke and mirror" finance/funding (and the associated silence) and relegated clubs dominating the Championship transfer market using their parachute payments are two different things. 

Edited by shandypants

29 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Without getting all technical the stadium will be valued on a depreciated replacement cost basis. So you work out the cost of rebuilding to the same specification then depreciate it based on number of years left of it's useful life.

So you are not using rental yield or how much you could sell if for housing. It's the worth as a functioning football stadium.

What you won't be able to do is just charge a peppercorn rent for S &P

So the same rule that says DC can't sponsor the shirts for 10m would be invoked to substitute a market value rent for the purpose of the S & P calculation. The accounts can still have a £1 charge 

Didn’t Derby sell their stadium to the owner for significantly more than it is worth? Isn’t the shirt and stadium sponsorship value rule separate to stadium cost hence Gibson’s issue

DC must have some seriously deep pockets if he’s still continuing to plough money into the club. He must have put in over £100m by now. Is he involved in Thai union foods? Or is that just his father and brother?

Edited by Stoop

5 minutes ago, Stoop said:

DC must have some seriously deep pockets if he’s still continuing to plough money into the club. He must have put in over £100m by now. Is he involved in Thai union foods? Or is that just his father and brother?

D-Taxis have had a couple of decent nights lately. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Me too , as a director of a company I know that you have inform companies house before the end of the tax year and therefore these changes won’t come into the profit and loss for previous year , so I think we still could be in trouble for the coming year , hope I’m wrong 

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

So......just another Wednesday week.

11 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Was the same but only two were blades.  Hate to say it but both were nice lads.  Must have been our influence. lol 

Most of my Blunt mates were shiit houses, there’s only 2 or 3 who were decent lads

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

Of course I don't want to be shafted by the clubs coming down with their failure payments but I wasn't actually referring to that was I? My unease at our "smoke and mirror" finance/funding (and the associated silence) and relegated clubs dominating the Championship transfer market using their parachute payments are two different things. 

no they're not.

the parachute payments are a gigantic wad of cash to help the relegated clubs 'restore' their 'rightful' place in the premier, the p%s are there to 'shackle' any clubs wanting to cause waves for the above mentioned system.

the 'smoke and mirrors' (as you call it, if not successfully challenged by the authorities) are the ways and means to move around those 'shackles', they are devised by highly qualified people, for the use of very wealthy people, to find ways of doing things not available to the ordinary man in the street or understood by him. it ensures everyone knows their station in life.

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

I remember Tan did this at Cardiff, several times, when they were heavily in debt but the ownership stayed the same. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/44731272

I don't know if it's just me but I'm seeing quite a few parallels between us and Cardiff. Without offending, Tan too learnt over time from mistakes but listened, brought in a proven manager and eventually improved things on and off the pitch. He too had his up's and down's but won over the fans. It seems similar to us and not just the equity plan, as I've said before, I genuinely believe the best thing DC's done so far during his reign was bringing in Bruce, similar to Cardiff when they got Colin.

Edited by The Night-Owl