New ownership, £21m more share capital

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, prowl said:

Sensible post. That's my interpretation on the very little we know.

If it is the sale of the ground it will be a sale which provides income and presumably a lease back which will be an ongoing cost.Wwe don't know the cost of the leaseback but I don't think the EFL will accept less than a market 'rent' figure. It's effectively money now pay later if that's the case. We had better get our house in order in the breathing space this provides (If it is a sale and leasback of the ground) because we can only sell the ground once.

Personally I'd rather we sold some players to sort out P & S but if we can't get enough for them this might be the only option.

Yep can't argue with any of that

Like your point that it buys time to get things on an even keel. Aside from player sales it will be a last chance saloon be nowt else to sell. 

And the EFL ain't going to be charitable 

7 minutes ago, prowl said:

Sensible post. That's my interpretation on the very little we know.

If it is the sale of the ground it will be a sale which provides income and presumably a lease back which will be an ongoing cost.Wwe don't know the cost of the leaseback but I don't think the EFL will accept less than a market 'rent' figure. It's effectively money now pay later if that's the case. We had better get our house in order in the breathing space this provides (If it is a sale and leasback of the ground) because we can only sell the ground once.

Personally I'd rather we sold some players to sort out P & S but if we can't get enough for them this might be the only option.

The lease of the stadium would be between £1 (which is what Swansea pay in annual rent) and £1.5m(ish) which is what Coventry used to pay (and was the highest in the league I believe). It would depend on the length of the lease really, which would be long term, probably 99 years or something similar.

Not exactly megabucks

Guest addedtime
7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

True. But if no one knows what's going on then it isn't all doom and gloom either.

Shrodinger.

Guest Ash76
1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No one knows what’s going on. So let’s not pretend everything is rosy. 

You're right, this has been done to f*ck us over further

Guest Ash76
2 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

For probably the clearest explanation you can get, Kieran Maguire's doing an interview on Radio Sheffield about it now. Really informative guy, if you use the BBC Sounds app you can rewind to the start of the interview.

Is there a listen again link?

40 minutes ago, Minton said:

The lease of the stadium would be between £1 (which is what Swansea pay in annual rent) and £1.5m(ish) which is what Coventry used to pay (and was the highest in the league I believe). It would depend on the length of the lease really, which would be long term, probably 99 years or something similar.

Not exactly megabucks

The EFL would not accept a peppercorn rent as a legitimate transaction. It would have to be at or about market rates to pass the smell test.

There are lots of different ways to set up leases but if the rent didn't finance the buying cost warning bells would sound in the EFL. Say the gound is worth £20M and money can be borrowed at 5%, (made up figures) it would cost £1m to pay the interest on the money used to buy the ground. If the new owner set the rent at £100K, questions would be asked. If it was £1m or more it might be considered reasonable (ish).

At the end of the day EFL aren't daft, you can probably get away with fudging the figures a bit but if you really take the P they are going to come down hard on you.

46 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

You're just a  "Pussycat" Coggy....:Sid:

I'll bet not many get that Ghost?

I used to love that song and i hate country and western as a rule.  

Hollish group weren't they?

I prefer this pop chat to all this financial guessing.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Pulsar said:

I'll bet not many get that Ghost?

I used to love that song and i hate country and western as a rule.  

Hollish group weren't they?

I prefer this pop chat to all this financial guessing.

Stick with me kid ...

No point in hanging around with 

All The Young Dudes....

• Haha 2