Stewart Downing...

His time at top end championship level has gone, surely we have learnt our lesson with overpaid under achievers, SB stated that he wants to bring the average age level of the team down so cant see him being considered.

Guest Jack the Hat
3 hours ago, jomaco said:

I'd assumed he'd retired, but happy to sign him for 2k a week if he wants the privledge of playing for our great club and not just a big pay check (if Rhodes stays)

If he wants to play for us he’s gonna have to pay us more than 2k a week.

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

This is a jos/Carlos signing, slow, laboured and near the end of their career, they’d offer him a 40k pw deal smh 

Hoping Bruce goes for youth, energy and pace. No old heads please 

Bit harsh on Jos considering he only signed 3 players. All under 27. Plus the fact he went for youth ahead of experience. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bit harsh on Jos considering he only signed 3 players. All under 27. Plus the fact he went for youth ahead of experience. 

Carlos then 

We need experience don’t get me wrong, but you don’t get experience for the wings 

Guest everydays_wednesday
4 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

No.

Next rumour please.

Andy Carroll......well you did ask and as we are talking dangly ones why not lol...

The only way this would make sense would be as a player coach for a season with a view to becoming part of the coaching team after that. 

Still has great technical ability, crossing and dead ball situations with bags of experience. Would be a very good player for the U23's /U18's to learn off as has been a very good professional. 

For me though, it would have to be a cheap wage deal with a view for only having him as a bench warmer /impact sub late on in games. 

Guest wilyfox

If we sign Downing, I'll eat my pants on YouTube. That's how confident I am that it's agent talk. 

9 hours ago, alanharper said:

He's not Keiren Westwood!

Even if he did have such a clause it doesn't explain why they used him in most games as sub but dropped him from the starting lineup between December and April...

Think the clause was based on starts as appose to appearances. I remember when Boro were playing Norwich on Sky towards the end of the season they had a huge discussion about it.

If we sign Stewart Downing on loan, I'll bite my old chap off, spend the rest of the summer in a specially-converted green house growing it back, then run onto the pitch just before our first home match of the season, bite it off again, give it to Stewart Downing on a necklace and then die.

To be fair, if I could bite my old chap off, I wouldn't be posting on Owlstalk at quarter past midnight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2