Stewart Downing...

9 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

This is a jos/Carlos signing, slow, laboured and near the end of their career, they’d offer him a 40k pw deal smh 

Hoping Bruce goes for youth, energy and pace. No old heads please 

This would be a vintage Carlos signing , he was too young at 30 when Carlos took over though . I’d be really angry if we did sign yet another over the hill has been . I think it’s just a rumour and really can’t see it 

10 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

This is a jos/Carlos signing, slow, laboured and near the end of their career, they’d offer him a 40k pw deal smh 

Hoping Bruce goes for youth, energy and pace. No old heads please 

Which of Luhukay's three signings fit those criteria?

Pelupessy?

Hector?

Onomah?

26 minutes ago, vulva said:

As much as we need to go down a different route with age etc, we have never replaced Ross Wallace. Our most underrated player for a long time. 

Constantly put decent crosses into the box, took the game to the opposition and chipped in with a few goals.  No one of his quality in the squad at the moment.  

7 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He was a great signing for us, and we do miss his quality out wide now that he's gone.

He'll always be a cult hero for this moment alone...

Wallace_Note.gif.63fbb9653725936fd9552bc68c48e9fe.gif

Ross Wallace's finest moment in his time at S6.:Sid:

4 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Downing going on 35 ,Get a young player signed with pace and sell on Value ,If he is not good enough for Boro ,Why the hell are we getting him ,Another player coming to sit in treatment room half of season.

I think they did want to keep him, just not on his current terms so they stopped playing him in order to ensure they didn't trigger a contract extension on his current terms. 

By doing this though, I think they just annoyed him.

I'm not overly keen on us going for him but I'm fairly sure he won't be the only player we go for and the others will likely be a lot younger. He's a better set piece taker than anyone we have and he could bring some important experience to the squad but I'm not fussed too much either way on this one tbh.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

We have an old midfield, the last thing we need is to add a 30+ player to that department

They're hardly ancient, are they?

Hutchinson - 29

Pelupessy - 26

Lee - 30

Bannan - 29

Reach - 26

Assuming that Bruce sticks to his stated aim of adding some youthful energy to the current crop, we could stand to add one more older pro as long as he's got the right quality. Whether or not that's Downing, I have no idea.

17 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Hutchinson - 29

Pelupessy - 26

Lee - 30

Bannan - 29

Reach - 26

Assuming that Bruce sticks to his stated aim of adding some youthful energy to the current crop, we could stand to add one more older pro as long as he's got the right quality. Whether or not that's Downing, I have no idea.

No they’re not, but our likely three, Bannan, Hutchinson and Lee are all 30 or thereabouts. Midfield is definitely where we need those young legs. 

11 hours ago, vulva said:

As much as we need to go down a different route with age etc, we have never replaced Ross Wallace. Our most underrated player for a long time. 

nor do we need to, a wingers job is to get past the f/b, EITHER on the inside OR outside, not to cut inside every time 'cos he hasn't the pace anymore to skin him.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Hutchinson - 29

Pelupessy - 26

Lee - 30

Bannan - 29

Reach - 26

I have, and it's not.

IF he's coming to hillsborough at his age, get him a seat in the sarf' stand, he's old enough.

3 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

nor do we need to, a wingers job is to get past the f/b, EITHER on the inside OR outside, not to cut inside every time 'cos he hasn't the pace anymore to skin him.

Like Beckham?

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

No they’re not, but our likely three, Bannan, Hutchinson and Lee are all 30 or thereabouts. Midfield is definitely where we need those young legs. 

How old are you? Guessing a fair bit younger than 30 because if you were older than that you’d know that your athleticism isn’t yet on the decline at 30.

we do need fresh legs though with pace and power.. but it’s more because Bannan/Lee aren’t overly physical players. It’s been a problem for the last 4 years so it’s not an age thing as we were saying the same when they were 25