Stewart Downing...

What would be good is if there was just one place where all transfer rumours like these could go instead of having separate random posts on each player - oh yes I see that's exactly what we've got pinned perfectly at the top of our site!

23 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

What would be good is if there was just one place where all transfer rumours like these could go instead of having separate random posts on each player - oh yes I see that's exactly what we've got pinned perfectly at the top of our site!

Well that’s me told off. If you are thinking of starting any new threads chaps then please run it by Wilf first to get his seal of approval :duntmatter:

• Haha 2

This Downie Geezer must be trying to drump up interest in him. We lack energy and pace so all we need is another player that can not run. Get rid Of Boyd and get an older player in makes a load of sense. presume its because Agnew was at Middlesboro with him.

2 hours ago, Sticky belly said:

Reading online that we are interested in Downing after he got released by Boro. What do you think chaps if true?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/rangers-in-transfer-tussle-with-sheffield-wednesday-for-experienced-winger/

aye"! get him on a 4 year contract, the last 3 will be crackerjacks. so I guess from me, it's a NO.

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

Only made 2 starts since Boxing Day and managed to play an hour of football 4 times in the second half of the season (with two of those being in December).

35 in July, presumably still wants a decent wage, played 2336 minutes of league football which is the equivalent of 26 full games and contributed 2 goals and 1 assist. No thanks...

christ on a bike, I didn't know it was THAT bad.

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We need wide players. If he's coming in as backup I don't see the problem.

If we aren't looking for quicker options out wide and Downing is our go to man, I would be worried. 

Thing is, in a way that’s even worse. It was bad enough having all those old players in the starting eleven, but when we started duplicating them as well, bonkers, absolutely bonkers Let’s not go there again

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We need wide players. If he's coming in as backup I don't see the problem.

If we aren't looking for quicker options out wide and Downing is our go to man, I would be worried. 

Hopefully this isn't true but if it is we'd have been genuinely better off retaining Matias or even Boyd.