18 hours ago, fpowl said:

Is it only me that thinks he looks decent coming off the bench but then never takes his opportunity when he starts 

very bizarre 

but again if the reported 8 million interest from Huddersfield is remotely true I’d me all over that 

I heard that rumour, I just can't take the amount seriously. 

19 hours ago, alanharper said:

Can you really make your mind up on one game though? To be fair the defence was an absolute shambles today yet we're all desperate to sign Hector!

The defence was under constant pressure because the midfield and forwards were so poor. Zero protection.

Not making my mind up on one game. The more I see of Joao, the more I'm reminded of JJ. He's fast, which suits most Wednesdayites, and can break through defences easily, but when the end comes , he doesn't know what to do half the time.He is also a 70 min. man. Like a lot of our spectators, he cannot see out a full 90 minutes. We must get better.

1 hour ago, DuttyTeabags said:

I'm intrigued by Rhodes in the same way I am doing a granny prostitute. You know they'll be past it, saggy, loose limbed and dry as a bone but there may just be a one off performance left harking back to the glory years. 

However I defo wouldn't pay 8 mill for it. 

Read this post in a Mark Lawrenson voice ....

:tango:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DuttyTeabags said:

I'm intrigued by Rhodes in the same way I am doing a granny prostitute. You know they'll be past it, saggy, loose limbed and dry as a bone but there may just be a one off performance left harking back to the glory years. 

However I defo wouldn't pay 8 mill for it. 

Remarkable channelling of your inner Rooney there!! lol

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He’s an impact player, looks so much better coming on than he does starting. When he starts he often just hides behind the defender.

But he does score goals and that should be worth money 

He was our best striker in terms of goals per minute last season. He was also much more prolific than both SF and FF in terms of assists (but not quite as good as AN). Even so, our financial situation would seem to dictate that we look at offers for anyone, though frankly it's difficult to tell where we are with that.

I've always had a bit of a blind spot when it comes to Joao and have never seen the sort of player some on here regard as "seriously talented" or "unplayable when he can be bothered". To me he's always been average at best - how a club like Wednesday can afford a so-called impact player is beyond me.

If Joao isn't considered good enough to start (subject to form / injuries) then I don't think he should be considered good enough to sit on the bench.  I know Madine set quite a standard when it comes to transfer fees for ordinary players, but would be happy to sell for much less than £8m.

35 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Do we get rid & try our luck elsewhere or do we hang on in the hope he lives up to the potential?

This is the Stevie May conundrum all over again!!!

He's had 4 years. Don't know how much longer we need to keep paying him great money for the same results. 

2 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I heard that rumour, I just can't take the amount seriously. 

It’s a funny one because Huddersfield have the parachute payments and Joao has all the attributes to be that 8 million plus player even age and contract helps 

the problem I have with it is I’ve seen him too much and seen that inconsistent side which values him between 3-6 million for me 

if someone makes a Joao greatest moments and yours that about we could be 10 million plus 

make it happen owls talk 

19 minutes ago, fpowl said:

It’s a funny one because Huddersfield have the parachute payments and Joao has all the attributes to be that 8 million plus player even age and contract helps 

the problem I have with it is I’ve seen him too much and seen that inconsistent side which values him between 3-6 million for me 

if someone makes a Joao greatest moments and yours that about we could be 10 million plus 

make it happen owls talk 

I suppose in an industry where Liverpool paid £30m for Andy Carroll, anything is possible.

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I suppose in an industry where Liverpool paid £30m for Andy Carroll, anything is possible.

Yeah and that was how long ago 

scrap that 150 million for Joao 

Personally think we need to be offloading Rhodes, Winnall and Dave before Joao. I know he may be frustrating but he does have all the tools to be a very good player. If Bruce thinks he can improve him, great. If he thinks he hasn’t got the right mental application, also fine. Personally, I am sort of receptive to selling given he hasn’t realised his potential which I thought he would have by now. But I wouldn’t sell for less than £5m. I’d like £6m for him. However, I would prioritise offloading Rhodes and Winnall first given they are completely out of favour and they are costing us £53k PW. 

Edited by Bouncing Owl

Striker wise think Bruce will have his eyes on an Abraham/ Kodija, Hernandez, Gayle type - there'll be one somewhere 

Bruce knows what he gets from Fletcher, and like it or not Dave ie 100%

He's already 'got to work out what to do with Rhodes, and knows FF is a handful one way or another but also knows what he can bring 

That will mean Joao is a conundrum too many so think Bruce will listen to offers and think he's already decided Winall will move on