5 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Forestieri is just as bad. Pathetic penalty and another abject performance . Waste of a huge wage. Would happily sell him to any mugs out there 

Crap penalty sure no one would argue. Under par performance today yes as with most. Waste of a wage? Not for me and definitely not be ‘happy’ to sell him 

12 minutes ago, richowl said:

The whole situation reminds me of Antonio. 

Claims of laziness,poor attitude etc

we all know how that ended up....

We relied solely on Antonio to do it all for us, and we burned his confidence away with that and the moaning from the stands when he single handedly couldnt change games for us. Joao on the other hand literaly goes from the sublime to the rediculous in the space of one game. Hes got bags of ability, yet cant seem to string a run of 2 good games together. 

His off days dont just bring his game game down either, they bring the team down. Its okay being an off form striker if you work hard elswhere on the pitch. Its not okay to be off form and just lazy, so everyone else has to pick up yhe slack. Sadly that happens all too often for this lad and we need better if we want to progress.

Edited by OwlinOldham

11 minutes ago, woodys said:

Crap penalty sure no one would argue. Under par performance today yes as with most. Waste of a wage? Not for me and definitely not be ‘happy’ to sell him 

Tbf yeah I would keep him , his wonder goal against Norwich aside , he’s dome naff all for 2 years. Deffo a keeper 

2 hours ago, Cockers said:

I agree. Made my mind up on him today. One of the three strikers I would look to sell. Winnall and Atdhe Nuhiu being the other two. Atdhe to stay if Rhodes leaves.

none of those you mention imo are good enough,would have given Winnall more game time ,proven scorer.but pretty obvious SB doesn't think that,bring some decent loanees like Derby have,certainly worked for them this season 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, richowl said:

Yes. We sold him and made some money. None of our ex-'stars' are actually setting their various league alight.

A player who can't even hit  the target from 12 yards shouldn't even be considered for the next month at least.

And I mean TARGET. Any GK will tell you that the only way to save a penalty is to have some luck, but come on, the size of the goals, the distance away? A professional footballer should be able to tell the GK where he's putting it , and still beat him.

17 hours ago, richowl said:

IF he goes elsewhere and becomes a 'right player', then so be it, he's 'freeloading' at s6 at present and isn't worth a shirt over a season. we don't need someone who ties once a month at best, we need someone who tries every time he pulls the shirt on.

9 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Yes. We sold him and made some money. None of our ex-'stars' are actually setting their various league alight.

A player who can't even hit  the target from 12 yards shouldn't even be considered for the next month at least.

And I mean TARGET. Any GK will tell you that the only way to save a penalty is to have some luck, but come on, the size of the goals, the distance away? A professional footballer should be able to tell the GK where he's putting it , and still beat him.

the odds altered considerably when the keeper was allowed to move on his line, (and unofficially) advance off it in a great many cases, it's rarely you see a penalty taken again for the keeper moving forward of it and narrowing the angle.

18 hours ago, Cockers said:

I have been an admirer of Atdhe down the years, I'm intrigued by Rhodes and whether Steve Bruce and Steve Agnew feel they can get him going again. 

I'm intrigued by Rhodes in the same way I am doing a granny prostitute. You know they'll be past it, saggy, loose limbed and dry as a bone but there may just be a one off performance left harking back to the glory years. 

However I defo wouldn't pay 8 mill for it. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Wouldn’t sell Bannan and Reach. We won’t replace those two with spending restrictions. 

If we got loans in of the calibre of Harry Wilson & Mason Mount then they will have been adequately replaced

Some of the best players in the division are on loan so I wouldn’t rule out selling anyone  

Just now, EcclesallOwl said:

If we got loans in of the calibre of Harry Wilson & Mason Mount then they will have been adequately replaced

Some of the best players in the division are on loan so I wouldn’t rule out selling anyone  

Then what happens if we don’t go up? They go back to their parent club? 

Not saying we shouldn’t use the loan market, but we’ve got two top Championship performers in Reach and Bannan who are our players. Would hate to see either of them go. 

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Then what happens if we don’t go up? They go back to their parent club? 

Not saying we shouldn’t use the loan market, but we’ve got two top Championship performers in Reach and Bannan who are our players. Would hate to see either of them go. 

TBH Ms Cinnamon, whilst reach is a decent player the (stack of) money we'd hopefully get for him would go a long way in our 'rebuild'.