Has Chansiri Got A Secret Plan To Free Money Up For Next Season.

Bullen recently said at an event he was attending that off the field, we aren't anywhere near prepared for premiership football. But that he hopes to have the opportunity of being proved wrong. 

Think we're going to be the last ones to release our accounts. Which stinks of some kind of accountancy creativity. 

9 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Seems that the bigger clubs in the championship are starting to look at ways to work round the FFP restrictions. Derby are the first to come up with a solution. Wonder if Chansiri has his own plan of action in place. Maybe those who said months ago about the ground being sold arent that far from the truth. Could be that owners willing to chance there own money at winning promotion are now looking to rebel against the guide lines. 

He's diversifying into cod

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Buy the best players he can afford, get promoted by 21 points take the  20 penalty hit for spending to much, then spend even more once in the Prem.  Sorted. 

I feel like we've juuuuust about avoided this nightmare scenario, by the narrowest of margins. Possibly. Or not. WTF::duntmatter:

We need to start selling players.

Bruce has said himself that we have too many forwards at the club so if there's interest the first 2 out of the door would be Forestieri and Rhodes. We do have worse forwards than these 2 but these 2 are still likely to generate interest at the right price.  Also as much as I love Nando, I'm starting to get a bit fed up with hoping he can be the player he was 3 seasons ago again.

If you can get say £3m for Rhodes and £6m for Forestieri that's a good start. I'd also listen top serious offers for Reach, anything north of £10m I'd accept.

That would enable to us to gain some much needed breathing space with regards to FFP and give Bruce some money to rebuild the side with, a manager of his experience as well as contacts is perfect for this job.

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

We need to start selling players.

Bruce has said himself that we have too many forwards at the club so if there's interest the first 2 out of the door would be Forestieri and Rhodes. We do have worse forwards than these 2 but these 2 are still likely to generate interest at the right price.  Also as much as I love Nando, I'm starting to get a bit fed up with hoping he can be the player he was 3 seasons ago again.

If you can get say £3m for Rhodes and £6m for Forestieri that's a good start. I'd also listen top serious offers for Reach, anything north of £10m I'd accept.

That would enable to us to gain some much needed breathing space with regards to FFP and give Bruce some money to rebuild the side with, a manager of his experience as well as contacts is perfect for this job.

Think problem you have on Rhodes and FF is that they would probably have to accept lower wages to get them out of the door, which is unlikely they will accept.
Unless we give them a golden handshake to leave which probably when you add it all up we won't be saving that much if they go.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Think problem you have on Rhodes and FF is that they would probably have to accept lower wages to get them out of the door, which is unlikely they will accept.
Unless we give them a golden handshake to leave which probably when you add it all up we won't be saving that much if they go.

Agreed mate and that's a big sticking point.

I just hope though that at £3m and £6m respectively, you might for example get a club with parachute payments willing to take a punt on them at a knocked down price due to what they have done in the past at this level.

I'm still hopeful Norwich might take Rhodes on if they go up.

6 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I just hope though that at £3m and £6m respectively, you might for example get a club with parachute payments willing to take a punt on them at a knocked down price due to what they have done in the past at this level.

Just out of interest, what makes you think a newly promoted team would sign a has-been striker who has contributed very little in the league below, and has zero track record of success in their new league?

15 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I'm sure I heard that with Rhodes that we are paying in installments of approx £3m a season, this will already be shown in the accounts as a debit so selling him won't really alter much with regards to P&S, I know this was the case last season, not sure with another season gone if its still the case.

Edited by toppOwl

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Just out of interest, what makes you think a newly promoted team would sign a has-been striker who has contributed very little in the league below, and has zero track record of success in their new league?

His relatively low asking price for a club who will soon be reaping the Premier League financial windfall.

A £3m fee for a back up striker who’s goal record in the league below is outstanding isn’t much of a sacrifice for a Premier League Club.

4 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Bullen recently said at an event he was attending that off the field, we aren't anywhere near prepared for premiership football. But that he hopes to have the opportunity of being proved wrong. 

Think we're going to be the last ones to release our accounts. Which stinks of some kind of accountancy creativity. 

What is the connection between the first bit and ffp?

6 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Dunno but whatever he does, I hope we heed the walking advert for how NOT to do it that is Fulham.

If we'd gone up two years ago, I fear we'd have done exactly what they have (and in fact what we did, kinda, only more so - at least ours was only Champ-level misspending). They've splashed the cash hard, fast and irresponsibly on some very overpriced and overpaid players, end up with a team that doesn't gel together properly, is horribly imbalanced, and can't possibly keep everyone in the dressing room happy. Hey presto, less than one full season later and they're already confirmed to come crashing back down with barely a whimper to deal with a truly frightening wage bill for the next season or three.

Said it before and I'll say it again, we weren't ready during CC's nearly seasons, and it might well have been an absolute disaster. The harsh lessons we've learned - and are still learning, everyone from DC down - over the past couple of seasons will ultimately stand us in better stead. Had we gone up in 2015/16/17, I honestly feel we might've ended up in far worse trouble as a club. When we do get there, I trust we'll be a lot less naive than we were.

Yeah fulham have made a rod for there own backs. 

Huddersfield on the other hand will be laughing all the way to the bank and be in a fantastic position to go straight back up in reality. 

Must have banked somewhere around £300 million from thier stint in the Prem, then add the "failure payments" sorry parachute payments for the next few years and they're in a very good position to go back up and stay there for a while like Burnley did. 

That said I think there main downfall will be having a manager capable of getting them back up and keeping them there and I'm not sure if "Martin from wakefield" is good enough lol lol

Edited by shezzas left peg
  • Like 1

If Carlsberg did bailing out a football chairman

Sheffield Wednesday announce a 5 year sponsorship deal for naming rights to their Hillsborough stadium with the Thai Food Group - a company that owns John West and is also 20% owned by DC uncle. 

The details of the deal are sketching but early report suggest the figures involved are an 8 figure sum.

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

People do strange things when they get up to the Premier league... 

Think about this one, King pig spent £6million on madine who hardly scored goals in the championship let alone the Premier... I think he lost his marbles lol lol