Has Chansiri Got A Secret Plan To Free Money Up For Next Season.

1 hour ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Peppercorn rent could be arranged to satisfy this and DC agrees to give the ground back to the club on his departure would allay all fears. Whether this is plausible who knows. Would be interesting to know exactly what Derby have done and how they have explained it to the EFL.

Fools gold

Contracts running out in the summer would free up plenty of money.  

High earners like Abdi and Boyd and a few others off the books will make a huge difference.  

As others have also said in this thread.  I would expect to see us cash in on a few players as well.  Probably offloading some strikers will be a priority in the summer.  

I’m not as convinced as some that we’ll have the clear out in the summer that a lot are expecting. 

Bruce has had a good look at the squad now and I think Westwood, Palmer and Boyd are certs to be offered new deals. Whether they accept them is obviously another matter?

I still think we might well take a gamble and try to keep Hooper and Lee?

As for player sales, Reach might attract offers? Bannan and Fletcher probably will. I think we’ll struggle to offload Either Forrestieri and Rhodes who I think Bruce will want to work with anyway?

Winnall can go for me. This is a move that’s just not worked out and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Joao go. We’ve got to look to offload Van Aken and Pelupessy but that will be easier said than done.

In summary I could see us starting next season with very few changes TBH.

39 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I’m not as convinced as some that we’ll have the clear out in the summer that a lot are expecting. 

Bruce has had a good look at the squad now and I think Westwood, Palmer and Boyd are certs to be offered new deals. Whether they accept them is obviously another matter?

As for player sales, Reach might attract offers? Bannan and Fletcher probably will. I think we’ll struggle to offload Either Forrestieri and Rhodes who I think Bruce will want to work with anyway?

Winnall can go for me. This is a move that’s just not worked out and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Joao go. We’ve got to look to offload Van Aken and Pelupessy but that will be easier said than done.

Really hope we don't offer Boyd another contract ffs!

5 hours ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Really hope we don't offer Boyd another contract ffs!

I’m not too bothered either way TBH but I think Bruce will want to keep him given how successful he was for him at Hull?

10 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Have to agree that the clearout maynot be as great as some on here seem to be expecting.  Most of the out of contract players may leave but I cant see too many teams lining up to take the likes of Winnall . Jao , Van Aken Rhodes or many more. If we are going to sell likely to be Reach or Bannan or bargain bids for FF who looks past his best and in reality has done little for 2 seasons.

11 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Can’t see us offering Boyd another contract. Bruce brought a loan player in to replace him in the first 11 this season and it’s obvious he ain’t the player he was.

8 hours ago, Mishowl said:

Those that understand the game.

Oh please come on and be more specific.

Who are these wise ones that “understand the game”?

You can’t keep things like that to yourself..... unless of course you are one ............ in which case why do you post on OT?

Edited by casbahowl

On 03/04/2019 at 08:13, The only way is S6 said:

Sell Rhodes. 

The Greek government might not be too happy about that though it would be worth a few bob in real estate and tourism (there's a few old buildings out in Rhodes that DC's construction company could renovate if they can get planning permission and some of that tarpaulin they throw over the stands at Hillsborough). 

:Chansiri:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

The Greek government might not be too happy about that though it would be worth a few bob in real estate and tourism (there's a few old buildings out in Rhodes that DC's construction company could renovate if they can get planning permission and some of that tarpaulin they throw over the stands at Hillsborough). 

:Chansiri:

Due to the ongoing financial crisis in that country the Greek government may allow us to sell a small part of Rhodes, Lindos perhaps?

Can't see any of the following being offered new deals when there contract expires in June,

Hooper , Abdi , Boyd , Matias , Pudil ,Jones ,Lee ,   No idea what there combined wages are , but  i would guess at least £5 million a year between them , offer Westwood & Palmer new deals. I can see us also listening to offers for  Forestieri , Reach , Winnall , Pelupessy.  Moving forward hopefully Bruce will be able to get some good young players in the door on a more sustainable wages. If we can use some of the money saved to bring in the likes of Hector & Aarons , Then going forward we will still have a very strong spine to the squad while hopefully keeping in line with EFL  profitability & sustainability rules.

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

As stated, only a public offering of new voting shares - with big incentives - will release maga dosh for Brucey. 

And next season's teams will be much worst than this year so Brucey only needs a bit to gerras up.

Dont think anyone will buy into another share offer or season ticket scheme. Most fans feel enough is enough with these type of DC offers.

5 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Dont think anyone will buy into another share offer or season ticket scheme. Most fans feel enough is enough with these type of DC offers.

Know what you mean mate but I bought old 'B' shares when we were bottom of old 3 rd Division.

With 10% discount on my season tickets then I got my money back after a few years.

And it provided capital to get us outta that mess and was a springboard for our accent.

Brucey needs a similar scheme now as next season - Championship even weaker - he could get us up.