Has Chansiri Got A Secret Plan To Free Money Up For Next Season.

Seems that the bigger clubs in the championship are starting to look at ways to work round the FFP restrictions. Derby are the first to come up with a solution. Wonder if Chansiri has his own plan of action in place. Maybe those who said months ago about the ground being sold arent that far from the truth. Could be that owners willing to chance there own money at winning promotion are now looking to rebel against the guide lines. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

The football league could always come up with a set of rules worth a w*nk to begin with. 

Dont disagree. Feel DC would still chuck money at if allowed and he would put his own monety at risk not the clubs future. Just cant see SB coming here if there isnt a plan for next year.

• Like 1

I think his (not so) secret plan is big reductions in the wage bill and playing ball with the EFL last Summer being enough to keep them onside and give them a level of trust that we are being responsible , proactive and taking FFP seriously.

I mean, even if we renew Westwood then we have huge savings in wages coming

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I think his (not so) secret plan is big reductions in the wage bill and playing ball with the EFL last Summer being enough to keep them onside and give them a level of trust that we are being responsible , proactive and taking FFP seriously.

I mean, even if we renew Westwood then we have huge savings in wages coming

Problem with this is as it stands we are due to show another big defecit. The reduction in wages would show a year later. Unless we sold in January the playing side costs were set.

39 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Car Boot sales.are.the next big thing so I'm told ..

Got a very nice.1968 Sunbeam Alpine lid at a sale in St.Anne's last Sunday ...

Hey don't knock it. My Grandad Albert had one of those, he didn't have a fluking clue about cars. Started with a hillman imp, forgot to realise everyone in the family was over 6 foot tall. Ended up with  an old Lada Niva, stuck  on his uphill drive a week after he bought it, warranty nowhere to be found.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Hey don't knock it. My Grandad Albert had one of those, he didn't have a fluking clue about cars. Started with a hillman imp, forgot to realise everyone in the family was over 6 foot tall. Ended up with  an old Lada Niva, stuck  on his uphill drive a week after he bought it, warranty nowhere to be found.

Only car to be manufactured in Scotland ...

Have a look at Snoot's Scottish football film Sarge ...

What do you reckon the nice shiny Black motor is parked behind the goal ?I've had two guesses but I think I'm mistaken ?

It was in a safe place....

no one was gonna damage it parked behind a goal at a Scottish football match ..

:Sid:

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Only car to be manufactured in Scotland ...

Have a look at Snoot's Scottish football film Sarge ...

What do you reckon the nice shiny Black motor is parked behind the goal ?I've had two guesses but I think I'm mistaken ?

It was in a safe place....

no one was gonna damage it parked behind a goal at a Scottish football match ..

:Sid:

I can relate to that. Thought when I lived in Glasgow I'd go to as many different grounds as I could. I managed 4, game at Hamilton was postponed cos of a power failure. Took the scenic route to Dundee the following week, apparently that was a "good" nil-nil. 

It's like their car industry, in need of investment. Now that Jimmy Krankie is running the show , things could be looking up.

Dunno but whatever he does, I hope we heed the walking advert for how NOT to do it that is Fulham.

If we'd gone up two years ago, I fear we'd have done exactly what they have (and in fact what we did, kinda, only more so - at least ours was only Champ-level misspending). They've splashed the cash hard, fast and irresponsibly on some very overpriced and overpaid players, end up with a team that doesn't gel together properly, is horribly imbalanced, and can't possibly keep everyone in the dressing room happy. Hey presto, less than one full season later and they're already confirmed to come crashing back down with barely a whimper to deal with a truly frightening wage bill for the next season or three.

Said it before and I'll say it again, we weren't ready during CC's nearly seasons, and it might well have been an absolute disaster. The harsh lessons we've learned - and are still learning, everyone from DC down - over the past couple of seasons will ultimately stand us in better stead. Had we gone up in 2015/16/17, I honestly feel we might've ended up in far worse trouble as a club. When we do get there, I trust we'll be a lot less naive than we were.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Problem with this is as it stands we are due to show another big defecit. The reduction in wages would show a year later. Unless we sold in January the playing side costs were set.

Which is why I said hoping that’s enough to keep the EFL on side, not hoping that’s enough to stay within the parameters of P&S