Man who was arrested at Bolton?

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

why is it so easy to get these things into a ground? surely with sniffer dogs etc they should easily be stopped , if caught should be an automatic 10 year ban and that's just for trying to take 1 in. some old lady 1 day will end up dead having a heart attack with the noise these make ,ive been 5 foot from 1 last year and they do wake u up believe me. 

It was the 6 year old kid that got made to take it in, police and stewards can't or won't search them WTF: that's the only way I can think how these things get into the ground 

Not wanting to be a killjoy here but then again, these things are pretty hot (a marine flare burns at up to 1600C; about ten times hotter that the heat needed to grill your bacon).

Folks have been killed and seriously injured when these items have been let off or thrown into a crowd so it's a bit surprising to learn that arrests and prosecutions don't appear to be high on the list of priorities for the authorities.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

why is it so easy to get these things into a ground? surely with sniffer dogs etc they should easily be stopped , if caught should be an automatic 10 year ban and that's just for trying to take 1 in. some old lady 1 day will end up dead having a heart attack with the noise these make ,ive been 5 foot from 1 last year and they do wake u up believe me. 

This is why....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

So weird that people need to create a loud bang in order to fully enjoy a goal being scored. What else do they do this for. Pay day? Orgasm? Tea being ready?

At my age not so much a loud bang, more a quiet whimper.:Sid:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Manson92 said:

In fairness to the police they were very apologetic, and told us to take up any complaints about the stewards with the club. 

As usual the stewards were out of order, treating football fans like animals.

Not that I’m condoning the firework incident but there was no need for the way the stewards dealt with my brother and spoke to me when questioning why he’d been frog marched onto the concourse. 

No use asking for your money back HMRC had a van waiting at the Office for collection of Match receipts lol 

2 hours ago, Manson92 said:

In fairness to the police they were very apologetic, and told us to take up any complaints about the stewards with the club. 

As usual the stewards were out of order, treating football fans like animals.

Not that I’m condoning the firework incident but there was no need for the way the stewards dealt with my brother and spoke to me when questioning why he’d been frog marched onto the concourse. 

Think the police have a low view of stewards amateurs acting like they know what they are doing. Can See it now chief steward tells his staff  look out for male in away end wearing blue and white.

55 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

No use asking for your money back HMRC had a van waiting at the Office for collection of Match receipts lol 

Attendance was way off official figure given, they'll be lucky to have collected this £300

I found the recent trip to New York stadium amusing. Before the match, much was said about the police having sniffer dogs on duty. So I wasn't too surprised to find barriers limiting access to the away end turnstyles, requiring fans to pass single file past said dogs. 

As I had plenty of time, I strolled along the away end towards the river and the other set of barriers where a couple of stewards were letting fans past. No cops, no dogs, potentially lots of pyro. 

I wondered, yet again, at the competence of SYP. Maybe the police are the same at Bolton.

31 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Seems to be the in thing at the moment taking fireworks in the ground wasn’t there some at the derby outside the ground last week too. 

Just ordered a Catherine wheel for the south stand. 

Pigs fans lobbed few over barriers as well as wee wee filled bottles and cups.

3 hours ago, HighworthOwl said:

I remember a few seasons ago Cardiff set off a firework in the away end that made me jump out of my skin! Still had enough presence of mind to drag my misses in front of me as a human shield. 

That's survival instinct! 

Good man . 

• Thanks 1

Bandits in my opinion.  They want arresting. Don't care if thst makes me a miser or not

I remember a firework getting released at Cardiff arms park many years ago at the end of a World cup qualifier. It whistled right across the pitch from one stand to the other and hit a man in the face, exploding and killing him. 

Maybe they'd think twice if they'd seen the aftermath of something like that.