Man who was arrested at Bolton?

Anyone know why the man behind us was arrested?  Police handcuffed him and carted him off.  Wonder if it had anything to do with the firework that exploded after the first goal.  

Yeah he was stood more or less next to me. I assumed it was something to do with the fire bomb as i did'nt notice him in the 1st half and he was'nt doing anything to warrant being carted off that i noted in the 2nd half. Stewards just came up and asked him if they could have a word and he sheepishly trudged off with no arguements or owt.

My brother was falsely identified as setting off the “firework”. Stewards came up to the stand shortly after the second half kicked off and said the police wanted a word with him.

The police took him onto the concourse where he was questioned, and arrested on suspicion of setting it off.

A couple of Wednesday fans who saw he had nothing to do with it mentioned this to the stewards who then looked at cctv to confirm it had nothing to do with it.

Thankfully he was released and we managed to catch the last 20 mins of the game.

No idea who set off the firework, and no idea if they were later identified by police.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

why is it so easy to get these things into a ground? surely with sniffer dogs etc they should easily be stopped , if caught should be an automatic 10 year ban and that's just for trying to take 1 in. some old lady 1 day will end up dead having a heart attack with the noise these make ,ive been 5 foot from 1 last year and they do wake u up believe me. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Manson92 said:

My brother was falsely identified as setting off the “firework”. Stewards came up to the stand shortly after the second half kicked off and said the police wanted a word with him.

The police took him onto the concourse where he was questioned, and arrested on suspicion of setting it off.

A couple of Wednesday fans who saw he had nothing to do with it mentioned this to the stewards who then looked at cctv to confirm it had nothing to do with it.

Thankfully he was released and we managed to catch the last 20 mins of the game.

No idea who set off the firework, and no idea if they were later identified by police.

Surely those stewards should be sacked for gross incompetence?

And police reprimanded for arresting with no evidence.

2 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

In fairness to the police they were very apologetic, and told us to take up any complaints about the stewards with the club. 

As usual the stewards were out of order, treating football fans like animals.

Not that I’m condoning the firework incident but there was no need for the way the stewards dealt with my brother and spoke to me when questioning why he’d been frog marched onto the concourse. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

why is it so easy to get these things into a ground? surely with sniffer dogs etc they should easily be stopped , if caught should be an automatic 10 year ban and that's just for trying to take 1 in. some old lady 1 day will end up dead having a heart attack with the noise these make ,ive been 5 foot from 1 last year and they do wake u up believe me. 

Sniffer dogs??

giphy.gif

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

To be fair it got him out of watching the game for 30 mins...he should be thankful.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

Too busy searching people for lids from plastic bottles.