Chansiri

30 minutes ago, Miffed said:

He said that if he thought that people genuinly didnt want him there then he would put the club up for sale. He didnt say that the club was up for sale.

You conveniently failed to quote the 2nd paragraph of my post that provides suitable balance to the element you have commented upon.

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Maybe now he’ll listen to the fans more, and not mistake us for blithering idiots lol 

To be fair there are a few on here!

He'll write his own narrative...same as he did when he told us he "all along avoiding relegation"..Its fair enough...You don't expect a club owner to be negative...It doesn't help season ticket sales.

If the fans hadn't kicked off so much at the forum..Would Jos have gone?

I doubt it...So he does listen, maybe he calms down a bit after an' thinks it over.

One thing has to be said though...He got Bruce....thats one helluva plus

3 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

It was more than a sensible appointment. 

DC has persuaded the manager with one of the best Championship CVs to come to a club with a transfer embargo looming. 

Cracking work and i don't think just 'any' owner would have got that over the line. 

Agree he deserves credit for Bring in the best manager we have had since BFR.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I’d let Bruce do all the talking.

Focus on the football.

We don’t want to prompt the Chairman into talking and saying something which will potentially get pulled apart and seen as a negative. 

Thats whats needed..Bruce understands fans etc.....Luhukay had no idea of the intensity of it..carlos just whittered cryptic crap that was devoid of an opinion anyhow...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DC has taken a lot of stick from the fans for things that have gone wrong (largely but not all justified). We were quick to complain so how about sending him a letter or email congratulating him on making a wise choice for manager.

Maybe a bit of praise from the fans will go a long way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bruce was already lined up for job before the forum. Only issue was SB could not start until 1st February. It may have speeded exit of JL which was a good thing actually thought dc was hanging onto JL as thought had no one to fill gap until SB arrived or probably should say had been advised this was the situation.

whatever we have moved on and hopefully recruitment of long term out of work supposed coaches is over.

I would be in favour of a jLuhukay day where fans would be invited to make effigys of previous manager and prize given for best one and hey would be then burned in a ceremonial bonfire. Collections could be made for charity or academy it would be our version of guy fawkes / bonfire night. 

1 minute ago, Quist said:

Bruce was already lined up for job before the forum. Only issue was SB could not start until 1st February. It may have speeded exit of JL which was a good thing actually thought dc was hanging onto JL as thought had no one to fill gap until SB arrived or probably should say had been advised this was the situation.

whatever we have moved on and hopefully recruitment of long term out of work supposed coaches is over.

I would be in favour of a jLuhukay day where fans would be invited to make effigys of previous manager and prize given for best one and hey would be then burned in a ceremonial bonfire. Collections could be made for charity or academy it would be our version of guy fawkes / bonfire night. 

I would have loved to have seen DC and Jos sat together for the first time in the interview process - to see what the foook went on and how on earth the chairman was sold on that prat 

I'm not singing anyones praises just yet. He's made a sensible decision, but he's made a host of crazy decisions too. 

Play Offs for me won't happen and we potentially could be up poo creek without a paddle in the summer. Fair play for bringing in Bruce, but the damage may already be done. 

6 hours ago, Brommers said:

Would love to know his thoughts at our current position. Wasn't long ago he'd flipped at the fans forum and was looking for a way out. 1 sensible appointment later and we're back in with a shout of the playoffs. Odds still against us but the upturn in positivity is incredible. I think we'll come up a little short but honestly think the fan base will accept this and see the bigger picture, carrying the positivity through to next season.

Nice to have owlstalk full of positive threads for a change. In fact only argument ive seen recently was one about which player was responsible for our improved form.

Long may this continue.

:Chansiri:lol

I think he has probably learned that if you appoint a proven manager who knows what he is doing , then you can challenge for promotion. 

4 hours ago, Stoop said:

I would image he’s kicking himself for not hiring a manager who knows his stuff sooner. He could have saved himself a lot of money

Just hope he's learned his lesson and uses this new found wisdom in the future.

8 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

It was more than a sensible appointment. 

DC has persuaded the manager with one of the best Championship CVs to come to a club with a transfer embargo looming. 

Cracking work and i don't think just 'any' owner would have got that over the line. 

I still don’t get how

Why would Bruce come with nowt to spend?!

• Like 1