The Chairman

10 hours ago, GY-owl.4 said:

We had one, with all the experience you talk of. and shes just left cos she got bored of 'only organising the raffles' 

so DC obv thinks he can do that side of it himself.

but that wasnt the point i was making. only the footy side of things did i talk of. and it seems we agree re not wanting Chansiris men anywhere near it. if he appoints a man (on the footy side) SB approves of and asks for, im all for it.

Bang On.... due to Mr C's obsession with micro managing everything allegedly, he's learning though and will come good.

She probably preferred the bright lights of that "big village" down south rather than Sheffield and her initial year was up and didn't really like her menial tasks it would seem, cant really blame her TBF

Edited by steveger

10 hours ago, GY-owl.4 said:

We had one, with all the experience you talk of. and shes just left cos she got bored of 'only organising the raffles' 

so DC obv thinks he can do that side of it himself.

but that wasnt the point i was making. only the footy side of things did i talk of. and it seems we agree re not wanting Chansiris men anywhere near it. if he appoints a man (on the footy side) SB approves of and asks for, im all for it.

Or maybe she realised the job was too big for her.  There could be a thousand reasons as to why she left.

10 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Terrible terrible decision to give the job to Jos in the first place and he should have sacked him before he did. However he deserves a lot of credit for getting Bruce in who is a top championship manager. It’s a shame Bruce hasn’t got the money to spend like Carlos did. 

exactly this! if bruce had been brought in a the beginning instead of carlos we would now be sat as a PL club  

23 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

exactly this! if bruce had been brought in a the beginning instead of carlos we would now be sat as a PL club  

Tbf, Bruce had a job at Hull at the time...he then moved onto a huge job with Villa.

I don't think we were getting him until he became a free agent late last year. What I will say is we should have binned off Jos much sooner.

If the great master plan to starve off p and s was promotion, then Chansiri pretty much torpedoed that by keeping the Moustached wonder in for as long as he did. 

Edited by SiJ

56 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Divisive, narcissistic, arrogant, clueless, naive 

Done some good things but it’s difficult not to in 3 plus years. 

Ideal for someone in charge of SW then. Should be really at home!

2 hours ago, brian joicey said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Jos had a good record of getting teams promoted, albeit in a different country.

Nothing is guaranteed.

Personally think we need a Director of Football to work alongside SB.

2 hours ago, jp1981 said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Jos had a good record of getting teams promoted, albeit in a different country.

Nothing is guaranteed.

Personally think we need a Director of Football to work alongside SB.

I agree that we are experts in hindsight. My main criticism of Chansiri with Jos is that he stuck by him for about 2 months longer than he should when it was clearly not working.

Look. I give him credit where it's due for finally getting a proper manager. I really do.

But my opinion of him hasn't changed. It's taken him 3 seasons in charge of this club to do what 90% of fans would have done 18months ago. 

Whilst I am pleased he's done the right thing now, I still have zero confidence in his ability to run and own this club. It's embarrassing that the fans know more than he does as to what is best for it. 

I'm still of the opinion the jury is out.

Total fo.ok up of two seasons 

The anniversary balls up

The shirt balls up

The bloody contradictory crap about 

"We have been avoiding relegation all the time"

The obvious tacit agreement with Jos regarding Hutchinson and Westwood that has turned what could have been a decent season into us being hell bent on "Just f. Ookin the pigs up"

Us buying Jordan Rhodes

POTG

It's a long list of complaints but I still think he has a passion for the club .

It's shown by how angry he gets when he sees things like the list above

But the list is simply what it is 

It's been a right dogs breakfast for long enough 

Has he finally got it right? 

Let's hope so and he deserves every credit for it

Simply telling it how it is

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 1

He's come in and admitted he doesn't know anything about football.

He's sought advice.

Been given bad advice.

Learning the hard way.

But learning never the less.

Now got in a manager with a proven track record.

Things start to go right on the pitch and we go up he'll have done what he set out to do.

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I agree that we are experts in hindsight. My main criticism of Chansiri with Jos is that he stuck by him for about 2 months longer than he should when it was clearly not working.

I agree. Maybe there was something we don't know about or maybe Mr C just wanted to see if he could turn it round. Who knows.

59 minutes ago, poite said:

Look. I give him credit where it's due for finally getting a proper manager. I really do.

But my opinion of him hasn't changed. It's taken him 3 seasons in charge of this club to do what 90% of fans would have done 18months ago

Whilst I am pleased he's done the right thing now, I still have zero confidence in his ability to run and own this club. It's embarrassing that the fans know more than he does as to what is best for it. 

what utter nonsense...most of you can't stump up for a season ticket never mind commit £80M to our football club...listen to yourself FFS

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

what utter nonsense...most of you can't stump up for a season ticket never mind commit £80M to our football club...listen to yourself FFS

Thats not an argument Davey....There are folk who actually can't afford to stump up for a season ticket...whereas Chansiri CAN afford £80 mill..Its relative.

I don't doubt his commitment, but you have to have reservations about his football acumen...

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Your one of those people who I can just never quite work out. 

I'm not sure if your just being a wind up merchant or whether you really are a complete numbskull

57 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I'm still of the opinion the jury is out.

Total fo.ok up of two seasons 

The anniversary balls up

The shirt balls up

The bloody contradictory crap about 

"We have been avoiding relegation all the time"

The obvious tacit agreement with Jos regarding Hutchinson and Westwood that has turned what could have been a decent season into us being hell bent on "Just f. Ookin the pigs up"

Us buying Jordan Rhodes

POTG

It's a long list of complaints but I still think he has a passion for the club .

It's shown by how angry he gets when he sees things like the list above

But the list is simply what it is 

It's been a right dogs breakfast for long enough 

Has he finally got it right? 

Let's hope so and he deserves every credit for it

Simply telling it how it is

You forgot the watch corky.

• Haha 1