The Chairman

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats not an argument Davey....There are folk who actually can't afford to stump up for a season ticket...whereas Chansiri CAN afford £80 mill..Its relative.

I don't doubt his commitment, but you have to have reservations about his football acumen...

Andy I have reservations about his football acumen however, despite having a good idea about football the idea that any of us could walk in from the street and run the club is laughable. And yes I know there are people who can't afford a season ticket that's why I've advocated £20 a match for everyone even after I've stumped up for mine. The point is that a lot of the people who slag DC off never get near the ground on match days never mind buy season tickets and yet they feel they have some entitlement to say how the club should be run. That's why posts like this one are started.

I think he has been badly advised. I also think he has a plan to navigate around FFP and it is not club 1867. Bruce was brought here for a reason and has spent money at other clubs. I highly doubt Bruce would have come here knowing we would have an embargo in Summer as it can ruin a career. 

Remember people on here saying in January we would have a firesale and all players would be gone - DC didnt let this happen. If FFP was honestly looming we would have sold players even in a firesale. 

For some unknown reason DC or SB do not seem too concerned so i think something will change--- maybe the allowable loss limit. 

I like DC - he is not a football person whatsoever - but I think he has good intentions to make a profit from us in the premier league - it just hasn't worked out with bad advice. 

IF we went up the first season this thread wouldn't even be here. 

2 minutes ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

I think he has been badly advised. I also think he has a plan to navigate around FFP and it is not club 1867. Bruce was brought here for a reason and has spent money at other clubs. I highly doubt Bruce would have come here knowing we would have an embargo in Summer as it can ruin a career. 

Remember people on here saying in January we would have a firesale and all players would be gone - DC didnt let this happen. If FFP was honestly looming we would have sold players even in a firesale. 

For some unknown reason DC or SB do not seem too concerned so i think something will change--- maybe the allowable loss limit. 

I like DC - he is not a football person whatsoever - but I think he has good intentions to make a profit from us in the premier league - it just hasn't worked out with bad advice. 

IF we went up the first season this thread wouldn't even be here. 

If we were in the bottom three of the Premiership the same people would be posting the same things they have been posting over the last five years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

Andy I have reservations about his football acumen however, despite having a good idea about football the idea that any of us could walk in from the street and run the club is laughable. And yes I know there are people who can't afford a season ticket that's why I've advocated £20 a match for everyone even after I've stumped up for mine. The point is that a lot of the people who slag DC off never get near the ground on match days never mind buy season tickets and yet they feel they have some entitlement to say how the club should be run. That's why posts like this one are started.

Thats a football forum Davey....I simply say it as I see it....

Days are gone when you had to attend a football match to have an opinion...Theres me and you shiverin' our bllx off on a cold Tuesday night against whoeverthefook and theres a bloke at home watching it on TV and probably getting a better view of the game than we do...We are dinosaurs mate...and sadly thats the way football has gone.

I'm of the same opinion as you...I have no qualms about subsidising Owls fans who can't afford POTG...Its a question of how you do it...fairly.

If I was in a position of being able to afford £80 million for a club..I would spend a bit of that on getting good advice...I would also see the fact that pricing fans out of watching the football club would have repercussions on future attendances should it go as pear shaped as the last 2 seasons have gone.

To me Sheffield Wednesday are an institution..They are virtually..or they should be,  a right of passage to be watched by Sheffield Wednesday fans..cos for me it has always been, and always will be...beyond football..I would happily pay £100 to sit outside on Monday if you could guarantee me a 1-0 win..in offa an offside stray dog in the last minute.

Chansiri doesn't feel that way..He doesn't understand that..nor should he be expected to..but he has to meet halfway at times....He ought to take half an hour out to actually tip up and talk to some f.ooker that has watched this dogs breakfast for the last 2 decades...instead of changing the narrative every time he gets p*ssed off with what he sees as impatience...

Paitience is waiting 20 minutes for a f.ookin' tram...not 20 years for owt like a football team.

I'm not gonna get into an argument with you about it Davey..I have always respected your opinion...I reckon we have had much the same experiences following the club..

It would be an inch offa stupid to have so much in common and fall about it...but I reckon Delphjon could read this post...and not understand a f.ookin' word of it

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats a football forum Davey....I simply say it as I see it....

Days are gone when you had to attend a football match to have an opinion...Theres me and you shiverin' our bllx off on a cold Tuesday night against whoeverthefook and theres a bloke at home watching it on TV and probably getting a better view of the game than we do...We are dinosaurs mate...and sadly thats the way football has gone.

I'm of the same opinion as you...I have no qualms about subsidising Owls fans who can't afford POTG...Its a question of how you do it...fairly.

If I was in a position of being able to afford £80 million for a club..I would spend a bit of that on getting good advice...I would also see the fact that pricing fans out of watching the football club would have repercussions on future attendances should it go as pear shaped as the last 2 seasons have gone.

To me Sheffield Wednesday are an institution..They are virtually..or they should be,  a right of passage to be watched by Sheffield Wednesday fans..cos for me it has always been, and always will be...beyond football..I would happily pay £100 to sit outside on Monday if you could guarantee me a 1-0 win..in offa an offside stray dog in the last minute.

Chansiri doesn't feel that way..He doesn't understand that..nor should he be expected to..but he has to meet halfway at times....He ought to take half an hour out to actually tip up and talk to some f.ooker that has watched this dogs breakfast for the last 2 decades...instead of changing the narrative every time he gets p*ssed off with what he sees as impatience...

Paitience is waiting 20 minutes for a f.ookin' tram...not 20 years for owt like a football team.

I'm not gonna get into an argument with you about it Davey..I have always respected your opinion...I reckon we have had much the same experiences following the club..

It would be an inch offa stupid to have so much in common and fall about it...but I reckon Delphjon could read this post...and not understand a f.ookin' word of it

Absolutely Andy there's no way I'll fall out with anyone over football and like you said we have  had the same bloody experience over the last 40 or 50 years. I'm hoping that Bruce will say to DC this is what we need and we'll keep getting the best we can afford in the medical, fitness, corporate and commercial side of the club and keep upgrading as we progress.

• Like 2

I have a feeling that if we'd gone up in his first full season we'd be even worse off now.

He'd have been thinking that this football lark is easy. Doyen would have happily taken a couple hundred million from him, and we'd have gone back down with a squad that was woefully ill equipped to go back up again.

I think in a way, the fact that he's had to learn these lessons may stand us in good stead in the future.

• Thanks 1

The thing about being the owner of a football club, when things are going well the fans love you, when things aren't going well but the fans can see your trying your best they will stand by you, when the fans are paying top dollar to watch a poor product and its clear to everyone that the inner circle of the club is like Billy Smarts Circus the fans will turn on you.

Things appear to be going back in the right direct and the appointment of Bruce was a masterstroke by Mr Chansiri, this has gone a long way with myself and i'm sure a lot of other supporters.

Sometimes a bit Nieve and got a few things wrong but I’m a 100% believer that his intentions are with us and I think if we stick with him we have one of the best chairmen in the football league with how he backs his manager , and his wealth 

I’m happy with him 

Pig headed. Not interested in taking good advice, doesn’t understand the support or how football clubs operate, interferes far too much and has no long term strategy for the club. If I knew there was someone credible to replace him I’d have him gone tomorrow. 

18 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Pig headed. Not interested in taking good advice, doesn’t understand the support or how football clubs operate, interferes far too much and has no long term strategy for the club. If I knew there was someone credible to replace him I’d have him gone tomorrow. 

Harsh but true.