The Chairman

I have been his biggest critic, the way he has gone about things, the money he has wasted and the ride he has been taken on by certain individuals have been laughable at times.

Having said that it appears lessons have been learned, yes its come at a price (FFP) which will have to be navigated but for the first time since coco's one season wonder I feel we are heading in the right direction and believe we have a bright future ahead of us.

The feel good factor is back and that is down to Mr Chansiri.

2 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

What are people's thoughts now?

Under Jo's a lot of blame fell on Mr C's shoulders.. Rightly or wrongly there were all sorts of unfounded rumours flying about.

I wonder where he sits with the fan base now he's hired Bruce?

I've never had a problem when him. He's made mistakes, but we were spoilt in the first two seasons. I'm sure his intentions are good.

His biggest problems are the Press, FFP and the rumour mill, and there's nothing much he can do about any of them, though he had a good go at smashing the press and the rumour mill with the Steve Bruce appointment after goading the press into thinking he was selling the club at the fans Forum. A stroke of genius. 

:Chansiri:

He has always had the best intentions for the club and ime sure he genuinely loves swfc, maybe we got off to too good a start under cc and he got sucked in by the charletons around him, hes had a hard ride at times and its been very costly to him (and us by the way) he surely has learnt some harsh lessons and at last listened to reason hence the bruce appointment which is nothing short of a new lease of life for all, well done mr C, lets hope that we all get the success that we have been craving for so long, UTO. 

2 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

He still needs to hire a CEO and somebody to help Bruce reshape the squad this summer.

Two people permanently employed by the club , not advisors.

Hope Bruce can talk him into it

Bruce has already said he wants to fall on his own sword in terms reshaping the squad so i dont know why he would want chansiri to get his own advisers? isnt that what got us into this mess in the first place?

wasnt there talk of Bruce bringing his own man in who he trusts?

and even if he does (bring in his own man) i bet he still ends up signing only who HE himself wants.

thats the way it should be too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GY-owl.4 said:

Bruce has already said he wants to fall on his own sword in terms reshaping the squad so i dont know why he would want chansiri to get his own advisers? isnt that what got us into this mess in the first place?

wasnt there talk of Bruce bringing his own man in who he trusts?

and even if he does (bring in his own man) i bet he still ends up signing only who HE himself wants.

thats the way it should be too.

We need an experienced football CEO to run the financial and operational side of the club , somebody experienced in running a football club. Somebody to deal with FFP

We need somebody working alongside Bruce dealing with agents, identifying potential targets and talking the financial side of transfers. Somebody Bruce trusts. This needs to be starting now, not left until the end of season. 

I don’t want Chansiri and his advisers anywhere near it. They are the reason we ended up with some of the ridiculous contracts we got stuck with .

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

We need an experienced football CEO to run the financial and operational side of the club , somebody experienced in running a football club. Somebody to deal with FFP

We need somebody working alongside Bruce dealing with agents, identifying potential targets and talking the financial side of transfers. Somebody Bruce trusts. This needs to be starting now, not left until the end of season. 

I don’t want Chansiri and his advisers anywhere near it. They are the reason we ended up with some of the ridiculous contracts we got stuck with .

We had one, with all the experience you talk of. and shes just left cos she got bored of 'only organising the raffles' 

so DC obv thinks he can do that side of it himself.

but that wasnt the point i was making. only the footy side of things did i talk of. and it seems we agree re not wanting Chansiris men anywhere near it. if he appoints a man (on the footy side) SB approves of and asks for, im all for it.

• Thanks 1

I gave DC huge benefit of the doubt. Only becoming critical when it really was blatantly obvious that his descision making was flawed even when his intentions were good.

In Bruce, he has made his best descision to date. Whether the appointment was one he truly wanted to make or if he felt it was almost a last role of the dice to appease the fan base we’ll probably never know for certain.

That said, it’s academic now and I feel we’ve seen enough evidence so far to suggest DC could quite rightfully be sat behind his desk grinning contently and thinking “at last.....this really does feel right”

We’re entering a phase where I feel the fans are going to be absolutely critical to the ultimate success or failure of the SB appointment. If we can remain suitably calm and patient then I think we’re well set, even with the financial restrictions. 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Terrible terrible decision to give the job to Jos in the first place and he should have sacked him before he did. However he deserves a lot of credit for getting Bruce in who is a top championship manager. It’s a shame Bruce hasn’t got the money to spend like Carlos did. 

You say that but look at some of the expensive signings he made at Villa.

I am in a way glad we haven't got a load of money to chuck about. Can't be wasted then.

5 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

What are people's thoughts now?

Under Jo's a lot of blame fell on Mr C's shoulders.. Rightly or wrongly there were all sorts of unfounded rumours flying about.

I wonder where he sits with the fan base now he's hired Bruce?

Leave him alone and support him

Guest wilyfox

His biggest challenge lies ahead - how to get us out of inevitable embargo. Selling Hunt & loaning Rhodes may have been enough last year, but that won't cut it this time. Bruce has remarked about a "big summer ahead" more than once. I think DC will be judged on how we emerge from that. 

I believe we are  progressing along the right lines with the appointment of Steve Bruce.

My only worry now is over the unexplained departure of Katrien Miere. 

No comment from the club about a replacement.

Does this mean Chansiri (and advisors) are running all the financial and commercial side of things ? 

Worrying if that is the case bearing in mind his track record of FFP mistakes.

Alternatively has Bruce been given total control with his coaches really responsible for the playing side of things.

Seems only a new appointment of CEO or similar title would answer that.