Chansiri must be absolutely kicking himself

13 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

All that investment and he effectively blows our final crack at getting up before FFP bites us on the backside by putting his faith in the bizarre masterplan of Jos.

Where would we have been had we made this kind of appointment 15 months ago?

Ah well, be reyt. Onwards and upwards if we can somehow negotiate the financial mire this summer.

It’s all academic - we can only make the comparison between Bruce and Luhukay - Bruce wasn’t available 15 months ago. 

13 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

All that investment and he effectively blows our final crack at getting up before FFP bites us on the backside by putting his faith in the bizarre masterplan of Jos.

Ah well, be reyt. Onwards and upwards if we can somehow negotiate the financial mire this summer.

Probably kicked Katrien out for the same reason - if she had anything to do with recommending Jos, her fellow Limburgian, for the job.

21 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

The ‘Special One’ failed at Old Trafford by not selecting his best players, just the same as Jos, is it an admission of failure to change your mind? If so my wife must be the biggest failure that of all time. :Sid:

that, or she's banging a toy boy on the side to compensate. garymegson

14 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

This summer is going to be an eye opener.   Few incoming transfers and those that do will probably be frees or those like Iorfa who are decent but have lost their way or are surplus to requirements at a large club, and don't command a large fee or wages.

I anticipate a good proportion of loans too, 4 or 5.   

Then the outgoings - I expect to be shocked at those shown the door.     It will be an exodus.   I also expect some that are currently relied upon to be those culled, which is actually part of the reason why most players are playing out of their skin.   They are playing for their future.

Bar Winnall who are the other players we’ve bought recently at the top of their game for their existing club? All we do is frees & outcasts now anyway. The only difference is we ain’t gonna give em 40k to come here.

15 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Surely our Premier League money will help  #HMSPTL

6 hours ago, mcmigo said:

The squad isn’t capable of promotion this season. We are a long way behind Leeds, Norwich, boro , pigs and WBA for starters.

We might finish 9th not 19th with Bruce vs Jos but we are a mid table team, no more. I actually have some degree of sympathy with Jos on the plan he had, but he executed it badly.

Results against all of the above except Norwich tell a different story.

18 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Credit Mr C for culling Jos after that awful fans forum.

And further credit for getting a proper manager in and not going for some U12’s manager from Europe 

Biggest credit to fans who pressured Chansiri to throw Jos and change policy to recruit relevant experience in Bruce and his brilliant team.

Will really work well off field too with their contacts for recruitment, trading, loans , etc.

5 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Evidence from the last few games would suggest otherwise. 

We may just have left a little to much to do.

I just dont believe that at all.  The previous couple of matches we were stale and toothless. We have played 2 relatively safe, relatively poorly performing teams at home in the last few days.

We are not consistent enough, nor strong enough, to be anywhere near top 6 and I think that would have been the case with Jos or Bruce in charge all season.  I also think we were never bad enough to go down.  This was always a mid table season.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I just dont believe that at all.  The previous couple of matches we were stale and toothless. We have played 2 relatively safe, relatively poorly performing teams at home in the last few days.

We are not consistent enough, nor strong enough, to be anywhere near top 6 and I think that would have been the case with Jos or Bruce in charge all season.  I also think we were never bad enough to go down.  This was always a mid table season.

Think part of that may be down to Bruce needing time to implement things, which also improved with the inclusion of  Aarons and Lazaar / Iorfa in the last two games.

38 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I think a win on Monday and the confidence that would bring. Then there is no reason we couldn't go on and win the majority of our games.

We got misinformation didn't we?

Jos only lasted so long because we were informed "certain players" were unavailable..They weren't...He let his own personal feelings hold sway over the good of the club.

Bullen changed it straight away, Bruce instantly saw where the problems were, and hey presto, we have a capable football team..playing decent football..

My arguement for long enough was Jos hadn't the tools to do the job...turns out he had...

Chansiri has to take some blame for that..cos he said f.ook all.

Promotion this season doesn't just depend on our form, it depends on those above us slipping up.

If the team in 6th carry on at the form they have been in all season we will need 74 points to equal them, 75 maybe because of our goal difference. That's 28 points from 12 games, a tall order for any team.

Bristol and Derby are both away at the weekend to mid table teams, if they lose and we win things start to look more interesting. If they win and we lose you can forget even outside hopes of a play off place.

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

We got misinformation didn't we?

Jos only lasted so long because we were informed "certain players" were unavailable..They weren't...He let his own personal feelings hold sway over the good of the club.

Bullen changed it straight away, Bruce instantly saw where the problems were, and hey presto, we have a capable football team..playing decent football..

My arguement for long enough was Jos hadn't the tools to do the job...turns out he had...

Chansiri has to take some blame for that..cos he said f.ook all.

agree  I think bullen hasn't received enough praise for his turnaround

Re OP I think you'll find he doesn't make mistakes 

6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I’ve been saying all season we’ll go up. Nobody’s been paying attention again.

Norwich and West Brom to go up, then us or the pigs in the play off final.

At this stage I don't think we will reach the playoffs but if we did I would really fancy our chances. To get there we would have to be in blistering form and that would petrify the other teams, the crowd would raise the roof and our players would be full of confidence.

We can dream.