Chansiri must be absolutely kicking himself

All that investment and he effectively blows our final crack at getting up before FFP bites us on the backside by putting his faith in the bizarre masterplan of Jos.

Where would we have been had we made this kind of appointment 15 months ago?

Ah well, be reyt. Onwards and upwards if we can somehow negotiate the financial mire this summer.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

All that investment and he effectively blows our final crack at getting up before FFP bites us on the backside by putting his faith in the bizarre masterplan of Jos.

Where would we have been had we made this kind of appointment 15 months ago?

Ah well, be reyt. Onwards and upwards if we can somehow negotiate the financial mire this summer.

We'll be fine in the summer.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

He'll have watched them on Ifollow from his batcave in Thailand stroking a cat

If he's watching on i-follow he will just be appealing for a penalty for handball around now!

Edited by Guest

This summer is going to be an eye opener.   Few incoming transfers and those that do will probably be frees or those like Iorfa who are decent but have lost their way or are surplus to requirements at a large club, and don't command a large fee or wages.

I anticipate a good proportion of loans too, 4 or 5.   

Then the outgoings - I expect to be shocked at those shown the door.     It will be an exodus.   I also expect some that are currently relied upon to be those culled, which is actually part of the reason why most players are playing out of their skin.   They are playing for their future.

I can see why DC went for Jos, he had a history of getting teams promoted from the second division to the top division. Obviously it didn’t work out.

Thankfully DC got rid and has now gone with a proven Championship manager in Bruce. Like a breath of fresh air since he came in. Finally a manager who seems to realise what our strengths and weaknesses are and addressing them accordingly.

16 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Say Westwood and Hutchinson play the first half of the season. Where would we be now?

I would question whether these players are with us next season - which is part of what I mean when I say previously that next season is going to be an eye opener.

34 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Credit Mr C for culling Jos after that awful fans forum.

And further credit for getting a proper manager in and not going for some U12’s manager from Europe 

Very true. He's most definitely learning in the job. The Bruce appointment was a massive breathe of fresh air and hopefully a significant moment in his ownership.