Chansiri must be absolutely kicking himself

58 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If he's watching on i-follow he will just be appealing for a penalty for handball around now!

If he's watching on @Buxtongent feed he might be finally considering sacking Jos

13 minutes ago, The Captain said:

I called it a year ago that Jos would be a horrid appointment.  Never been so gutted to have been so right.

So gutted you felt the need to tell everyone

Undue influence by certain entities and individuals unfortunately.

Bruce is the the type of appointment many of us wanted in summer 2015 

7 hours ago, full fathom five said:

Depends if we'll be under any sort of transfer embargo, hope we're not.

I'm under the belief with those that will be released added to managing to hopefully sell a few others we may either escape an embargo or be under some kind of soft embargo allowing us to wheel and deal, but not throw megabucks at it. 

Surely the league guys in control know while it's supposed to be about financial stability, they will also know that not letting teams trade players in and out means weakened teams and a less healthy and intense competition especially going on the view I think it was mentioned about being about 14 clubs struggling to adhere to F. F. P restrictions. 

8 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

This summer is going to be an eye opener.   Few incoming transfers and those that do will probably be frees or those like Iorfa who are decent but have lost their way or are surplus to requirements at a large club, and don't command a large fee or wages.

I anticipate a good proportion of loans too, 4 or 5.   

Then the outgoings - I expect to be shocked at those shown the door.     It will be an exodus.   I also expect some that are currently relied upon to be those culled, which is actually part of the reason why most players are playing out of their skin.   They are playing for their future.

Can’t beat a good clear out. 

• Haha 3

The squad isn’t capable of promotion this season. We are a long way behind Leeds, Norwich, boro , pigs and WBA for starters.

We might finish 9th not 19th with Bruce vs Jos but we are a mid table team, no more. I actually have some degree of sympathy with Jos on the plan he had, but he executed it badly.

DC should be annoyed with the person who recommended the previous incumbents of job. Neither of previous two managers had anything like a record to suggest they stood a chance in this league. To suggest or put someone forward who has been out of work and basically put out to grass to do a job in this league is asking for trouble. I know what got to a play off final but that was due to DC money being used to bring in players rather than inspirational coaching.

9 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Credit Mr C for culling Jos after that awful fans forum.

And further credit for getting a proper manager in and not going for some U12’s manager from Europe 

Yes hes learnt his lesson at last, took a lot of time and money though.

9 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

This summer is going to be an eye opener.   Few incoming transfers and those that do will probably be frees or those like Iorfa who are decent but have lost their way or are surplus to requirements at a large club, and don't command a large fee or wages.

I anticipate a good proportion of loans too, 4 or 5.   

Then the outgoings - I expect to be shocked at those shown the door.     It will be an exodus.   I also expect some that are currently relied upon to be those culled, which is actually part of the reason why most players are playing out of their skin.   They are playing for their future.

Every window since DC arrived fans have been predicting an "Exodus", it's never happened.  We might lose a few fringe and young players but the established players such as FF, Hutchinson and Reach will still be here next season. 

12 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

I would question whether these players are with us next season - which is part of what I mean when I say previously that next season is going to be an eye opener.

Think there is a core group of players which Bruce won't want to lose. And it was probably discussed when he took the job that he wanted to be able to keep certain players without the fear of having to sell them. 

Westwood, Hutchinson, Bannan, Forestieri, Lees and Reach probably all fall into this category.

3 hours ago, mcmigo said:

The squad isn’t capable of promotion this season. We are a long way behind Leeds, Norwich, boro , pigs and WBA for starters.

Evidence from the last few games would suggest otherwise. 

We may just have left a little to much to do.