Alan Nixon says....

3 hours ago, toppOwl said:

"shakes head even more"

Go and look at what he's got wrong and the list will be twice as big, I contested him when he said Forestieiri was going to Hull a couple of seasons ago, he predictably blocked me as he does with everyone who can potentially explode the myth, if you want to wet yourself over spurious tittle tattle feel free.

What sports journalist gets everything right mate? I’m interested to know 

Their job is built off speculation, with the odd contact 

I don’t think he plucked the FF/Hull rumour out of thin air, he was probably informed by someone in football that their was interest and it never materialised 

18 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I don’t think he plucked the FF/Hull rumour out of thin air, he was probably informed by someone in football that their was interest and it never materialised 

That sounds a little like plucking it out of thin air     

3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

If you get off on that kind of stuff fine, I prefer something with a little more meat on the bones, he's a charlatan.

22 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

But isn't that the case with 99% of rumours?

An agent, manager, chairman gives a bit of "inside info" to a journalist, but as often as not, it's just made up in the hope of drumming up a bit of genuine interest.

The skill of a sports journalist is in maximising his sources to be able to weed out the fake stuff. Although I only follow Nixon to the extent that he's quoted on OT, as far as I'm aware, he fails to weed out as much as anyone.

Nixon does get a fair bit right and if we are doing our jobs properly we will already be in the ear of targets for next season.

If the league remains a similar kettle of fish, We don’t necessarily need mega bucks just the right attitude and the right attributes as demonstrated by the current top 3. 

20 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Nixon does get a fair bit right and if we are doing our jobs properly we will already be in the ear of targets for next season.

If the league remains a similar kettle of fish, We don’t necessarily need mega bucks just the right attitude and the right attributes as demonstrated by the current top 3. 

Bang on, it’s amazing what a new manager and change in attitude can do at a club.

Judt look at Leeds last season, a very ordinary looking side but this season with the new manager and not many new recruits, they look odds on to be playing top flight football next season.