Alan Nixon says....

To be fair if you read his tweets he is not pretending to know anything he’s just answering a daft question. ‘Wednesday up with favourites for next season? Or does it need to be seen what happens with summer business first?’ To which he replies the OP. 

Someone else asks ‘Are you going on what Bruce usually does or do you have knowledge of a big plan?’ And he replies ‘It’s been failing for too long. People our of contract. Needs new faces. Depends on size of cheque book of course. But many go. And should.’ 

2 minutes ago, woodys said:

To be fair if you read his tweets he is not pretending to know anything he’s just answering a daft question. ‘Wednesday up with favourites for next season? Or does it need to be seen what happens with summer business first?’ To which he replies the OP. 

Someone else asks ‘Are you going on what Bruce usually does or do you have knowledge of a big plan?’ And he replies ‘It’s been failing for too long. People our of contract. Needs new faces. Depends on size of cheque book of course. But many go. And should.’ 

Dont talk sense mate.

Everybody slags Nixon off on here but they all want to know what he’s saying for some reason.

53 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Screenshot_20190219-142245.jpg

Music to my ears if true. Hopefully this will mean the end of slow ponderous football with relatively talented footballers playing in isolation of one another. 

May we even dream of a midfield and forward line that are within 30 yards of each other and know how to move the ball forward without checking back due to our lack of pace or being played on the wrong wing. Maybe we'll even have an idea of how to move the ball at pace.

ooooh, I've just had a little wee escape.

Just now, CrosbyKitchens said:

Music to my ears if true. Hopefully this will mean the end of slow ponderous football with relatively talented footballers playing in isolation of one another. 

May we even dream of a midfield and forward line that are within 30 yards of each other and know how to move the ball forward without checking back due to our lack of pace or being played on the wrong wing. Maybe we'll even have an idea of how to move the ball at pace.

ooooh, I've just had a little wee escape.

What if he meant it in a bad way? Like things are going to get worse?

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Class of 91 said:

Alan Nixon is a bit of a tvvat. When people call him out on something and point out that he's talked balls, he just blocks you.

Why do people suck up to him so much? Some folk put their betting slips up and say "Ooh Alan, what do you reckon my chances are here?". Pull ya tongue out.

I don't get the arse licking either but he does get more right than he gets wrong and is usually a decent source of information.

I do hate how he just blocks anyone who legitimately calls him out though, makes him seem like a right C U Next Tuesday.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I just mute Nixon outside of transfer windows. I really don’t understand why people ask him questions. People actually ask him what score he thinks matches will be, like that’s interesting somehow. It’s so inane.

I find this so strange too. Like he’s the oracle of football knowledge. 

The strange thing is he gets more result predictions wrong than right. Yet still when he gets the odd one correct, he’ll tweet something like ‘yep told you’. And then everyone praises him in the comments. Well weird. 

• Like 1