Alan Nixon says....

For the squad to be unrecognisable, this implies that ALL those out of contract will go, and none of the loanees will sign. How does he know that, and what does that suggest about the managers comments that everyone will get their chance to impress.

I’ve no doubt we will see changes, you don’t have to be an insider to realise that. Most of those out of contract players will go, that is a certainty. We might like to offload some of those who remain under contract, but that’s out of our hands. Unless we are going to go on a year one spending spree, which is hardly likely, then I think the squad will still have a familiar look to it

14 hours ago, vulva said:

Never quite understand the criticism Nixon gets. He’s usually bang on the money, and is clearly very well informed. 

It’s because he’ll post a rumour about a player a club will want to sign, fans of said club will get excited

then when it doesn’t come off (he’s obviously not gonna get every signing right) he’s nailed to a cross 

people would be moaning if there wasn’t anyone like Nixon 

All he is saying is Bruce will be making whole sale changes in the summer. 

But all of us know that anyway.

Think that's all nixon is saying aswell. Just that the will be alot of change. Don't think he is trying to pretend he is in the know about something here.

21 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

I’ve noticed he’s a little bitter about us these days. I wonder if his source has been shut down. 

Really?

when?

The Nixon hate is always strange. 

This the same Alan Nixon who predicted, before  Christmas, that Bruce would take over after his assistants in January?

And pretty much bang on about the majority of signings?

• Like 2

Nixon is like a modern day pied piper but he attracts gullible idiots who hang on his every utterance rather than rats, you could sit a monkey in front of a keyboard with an open copy of the Rothmans football year book to glance at and it would have a similar hit rate to this clown.

27 minutes ago, slightlybruisedman said:

Really?

when?

The Nixon hate is always strange. 

This the same Alan Nixon who predicted, before  Christmas, that Bruce would take over after his assistants in January?

And pretty much bang on about the majority of signings?

Yeah, I was thinking more recently. Like after the Bruce stuff. He’s had very little to say about us since, and he had no idea about the triple deadline day signings. 

Only stuff I’ve seen have been vailed digs. 

43 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Nixon is like a modern day pied piper but he attracts gullible idiots who hang on his every utterance rather than rats, you could sit a monkey in front of a keyboard with an open copy of the Rothmans football year book to glance at and it would have a similar hit rate to this clown.

Attracting gullible idiots? The majority of stuff he gets spot on 

1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

He doesn't in no way whatsoever, he posts endless stuff and the gullible only remember the ones he does get right, your obviously one of them.

*Shakes head*

Go and look at what he’s called in the past and see whether they came to any fruition. You’ll be surprised 

Edited by FreshOwl

13 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

*Shakes head*

Go and look at what he’s called in the past and see whether they came to any fruition. You’ll be surprised 

"shakes head even more"

Go and look at what he's got wrong and the list will be twice as big, I contested him when he said Forestieiri was going to Hull a couple of seasons ago, he predictably blocked me as he does with everyone who can potentially explode the myth, if you want to wet yourself over spurious tittle tattle feel free.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

"shakes head even more"

Go and look at what he's got wrong and the list will be twice as big, I contested him when he said Forestieiri was going to Hull a couple of seasons ago, he predictably blocked me as he does with everyone who can potentially explode the myth, if you want to wet yourself over spurious tittle tattle feel free.

Aye, he blocked me when he said Lopez was defo not coming, and I linked the Celta Vigo website announcing he was. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thats pretty much his job to appease the fans I bet he gets so many messages a day from fans

I'm sure actual journalism is hard but putting out little comments like that are easy,

*Busy transfer window for Wednesday in preseason !

*Different looking Wednesday team from next season(knowing 14 players out of contract and won't be resigning a few)

*Bruce has his work cut out next season but he's the man to turn it around

*DC keeping quiet about how much money is actually available

We could go on and on they are just bait to appeal to fans and every now and then they get them spot on through luck or actual sources so fans keep coming back for more, keeping him in a job.

Edited by stocksyuto
  • Thanks 1