Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

6 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Imagine a surprise announcement of Big Hec at Owls in the Park.

With new kit on too.

6 hours ago, Morepork said:

Please lower your expectations to a Bouncy Castle...... :Sid:

Do they do shirts big enough to fit a bouncy castle?................ Might get one this yearlol

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

It would certainly make me happy

it's worth it for any cost for this alone ^ lol

But seriously Hector along with Westwood re-signing would be our best business of the summer. The impact they had, it would be very difficult to replace either of them, more so than any other players. Westwood and Bannan are our two best and most consistent players but for a loan player, Hector fitted in remarkably well and was very consistent too. Our chances will improve a lot, if we build around those three, with pace and apart from Hector, we wouldn't need to spend much on anyone other than wages. The rest could all be frees, loanees or bargains.

7 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

The opening of the North was the first time my father took me in the North. Gangway J:- row 39:-  seats 95 & 96. tears welled up in his eyes  "isn't it smart" he would say repeatedly for the first two seasons "You can see all the pattern work of the game developing" I didn't have a clue what he was on about as we were banging in goals for fun. My father is long gone but he remained loyal to the end never having sat anywhere else after his first trip onto the North stand. RIP Dad.    

I’m going to be taking my lad next season and was thinking whether or not to try and explain a few tactical things to him but I think it would be far better just to say what your Dad told you - “You can see the pattern of  play...” Like you found out when the penny dropped he was 100% bang on the money and still is.

10 hours ago, Morepork said:

Please lower your expectations to a Bouncy Castle...... :Sid:

Bit silly.

We can't get a kit to fit Nuhiu, never mind one to fit a bouncy castle.

:biggrin:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, GY-owl.4 said:

Do stoke stockpile players even more than us? 

They seem to have done loads of business last 3 windows and i know a few have gone out but not that many in comparison.

Weird, they could probably attract top championship players. Not saying these 5 are crap. But 4 frees from struggling champ teams and a £2m buy from L1. 

Is the manager working with the standard of player he knows, rather than work with better quality players that were already there or that they could get?

I dont get it. Employ a lower league boss and lower league players and ul end up ..... in the prem?

I can understand certain clubs doin it that way but thought stoke would maybe go for more proven quality to try and bounceback during the 3 yrs of failure money they get. 

Worked for the dirty side of Sheffield

3 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

Worked for the dirty side of Sheffield

True, but they benefited from a perfect storm of momentum, very few injuries, FFP bitng for relegated clubs and others bottling it.

Didn't work as well for Ipswich. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

True, but they benefited from a perfect storm of momentum, very few injuries, FFP bitng for relegated clubs and others bottling it.

Didn't work as well for Ipswich. 

Also true. But the Stoke manager had a decent system at Luton and appeared to know what he was doing just like Wilder. I expect they’ll get rid of the likes of Allen & Butland and start a rebuild with the right “characters” as Wilderpig would say.

2 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

Also true. But the Stoke manager had a decent system at Luton and appeared to know what he was doing just like Wilder. I expect they’ll get rid of the likes of Allen & Butland and start a rebuild with the right “characters” as Wilderpig would say.

Agree, but much easier to ride the momentum of promotion at a team with limited expectations, than try to turn round a sinking ship with the baggage of decline over a number of years before eventual relegation. 

Time will tell I suppose, but stoke not a team which concerns me as competition for promotion next season. 

9 minutes ago, billyblack said:

We signed anyone yet?

We sold anyone yet?

Palmer, lee and westwood signed yet?

Like it when we get our business done early......

No.

No.

Yes, yes and yes - All announced last week.

Todays recent news

Stoke closing in on 33 year old Stephen Ward.

Millwall look like sealing deal for winger Conor Mahoney from Bournemouth. 

We are allegedly closing in on Kadeem Harris. 

Few reports saying that Bristol City will only entertain offers of £30M for Adam Webster lol

Jack Clarke drawing closer to £8.5M move from Leeds to Spurs.