Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

27 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

My guess is that the soft embargo won't be lifted this week and we'll head to Portugal with no new signings. 

Dont think it has to be lifted does it. We just need to get the ok from the EFL to make any signings.

Edited by pazowl55

56 minutes ago, Walt said:

Too many excuses mate. MM was here plenty long enough for the players to realise what his strengths were. The players weren’t good enough to pick the pass. Even I could see it...every bleedin time he played. 

So are you saying that the problem with Matais is that he was too good for the rest of the players. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Minton said:

Snodgrass only got 4 goals last year, 8 in 17/18 and 9 in 16/17...

Basically the same stats as Reach

Not sure about Kodija either.

Looked a great player at Bristol City but never seems to have reached those heights at Villa.

Not sure Villa will want him in the Premier.

Of course what you are missing in the Snodgrass stats are dives per minute 

10 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

If we do sign Bidwell or another full back, I wonder if that means Penney plays as a winger.

Or Fox is on his way? Otherwise, we have 6 full backs. And I’m not buying into Odubajo has been brought in as a winger. The lad is a full back!

1 minute ago, sage owl said:

So are you saying that the problem with Matais is that he was too good for the rest of the players. 

No far from it as MM had many flaws to his game. The original response from me was in reply to people saying that we did not have a player that made runs in behind. MM quite clearly did this, It was nearly always a diagonal run from outside to in which took him to or past the last centre back. It was the best part of his game imo, a part of his game that was very intelligent.  We seldom picked his runs out, whether MM would have done something if he ever received he pass is a different matter altogether. I could never work out why he didn't give the rest of our lot stick for not passing the ball to hm. To his credit he did not stop making those runs.

9 minutes ago, Walt said:

No far from it as MM had many flaws to his game. The original response from me was in reply to people saying that we did not have a player that made runs in behind. MM quite clearly did this, It was nearly always a diagonal run from outside to in which took him to or past the last centre back. It was the best part of his game imo, a part of his game that was very intelligent.  We seldom picked his runs out, whether MM would have done something if he ever received he pass is a different matter altogether. I could never work out why he didn't give the rest of our lot stick for not passing the ball to hm. To his credit he did not stop making those runs.

And we didn't stop not playing him in. Must have got fed up with him keep missing them.

If I remember rightly there was an early game in his time here against Bolton. We must have played him in about 3 or 4 and he missed everyone.

46 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

If we do sign Bidwell or another full back, I wonder if that means Penney plays as a winger.

I don't rate Penney defensively so his best chance of making it here IMO is as a winger.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

What do people think of Harris then? If he does sign is it that impressive? The guy has hardly played any football for a 26 year old. According to transfrmarkt hes played the equivalent of 72 full games in his whole career. Not much at all. I know Warnock got the best out of him but he still wasn't that outstanding. I agree that his attributes are what we need but is there better available? 

My Cardiff City supporting friends tell me that he was out for a long time and once he was back struggled to regain a place and got a bit sulky. Fell out with Colin (can’t blame him) and as a result not getting a new deal despite him being much liked down there. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Hitcat said:

Pippo Pepperoni from Atalanta

6 minutes ago, flo said:

Tim Kleindienst

New signing, Striker

Are you two in competition? 

9 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

And we didn't stop not playing him in. Must have got fed up with him keep missing them.

If I remember rightly there was an early game in his time here against Bolton. We must have played him in about 3 or 4 and he missed everyone.

It was a bit of a standing joke amongst our lot when MM played. Guess how many runs he makes without receiving the ball? It got to the point one match when we thought Bannan was refusing to pass to him out of spite as MM had not tracked his man back which led to a goal.

49 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Or Fox is on his way? Otherwise, we have 6 full backs. And I’m not buying into Odubajo has been brought in as a winger. The lad is a full back!

As I've said (and shown!) in several posts, he's played FAR more games as a right or left winger than full-back

43 minutes ago, Walt said:

I suppose we all see different stuff Walt...I thought a lot of his runs pointless..He just sorta guessed a direction and legged it