Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

21 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Bidwell reminds me of Daniel Pudil when he arrived or Buxton. Not the trendy wing back type but steady and does get a few assists. It was so noticeable when Hunt Wallace and Pudil were no longer playing how bad we were at the final ball from full back. Both sides of the pitch we’d get into  great positions from overlapping and just needing that killer ball into the danger area, but it broke down far too often from Baker, Fox and Palmer.

Agree we still need one or two with flair though if we move Joao and FF on.

Bidwells stats for getting crosses into the box is very good ( apparently, I’m not a nerd). So will definitely be an upgrade on what we have, and around 250 games in six years suggests he will get injured as soon as he gets here.

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well I agree with you about pace, we desperately need some of that. Both Odubajo and Harris would provide that, but they don’t provide enough goals for a wide player, certainly not in Bruce’s previous systems with one up top. It is a squad game though, so both can play their part, especially Odubajo, who can cover several positions. If we play the same system, we’ll need to be looking at 15 goals from each wide position. That’s what he got from Kodija and Snodgrass

The difference was Snodgrass and Kodija were multi million pound players.The Blunts maybe more the model for us with goals spread from defence to attack. We need a forward though to hit 25+. If Billy Pig can do it then the likes off Joa Fletcher and Forestieri have the ability. If we offload 2 of these as the rumours are stating then a fast mobile forward will need to be found.

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Wasn't commenting on whether MM should have stayed or not, just making the point that we had a player (when fit) that constantly made the runs that a few on this thread are saying that we didn't. I sit bang on the half way line high up in the North and it used to frustrate the hell out of me to watch MM make that perfect run only for one of our lot to take an extra one or two passes or not see the run. Yeah it's a piece of wee wee sat high up in the stand where you can see everything mind, but for all our (supposed?) creative players they were more often than not blind to the run.

Had he been available to play more than he was he would have built up more of a rapport with his team mates, so they would have read his runs and movement better.

A bit like Hirst and Bright in the 90's when playing together or Waddles ability to pick a players run. You play together week in week out you pick this up better.

4 minutes ago, Minton said:

Snodgrass only got 4 goals last year, 8 in 17/18 and 9 in 16/17...

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

The difference was Snodgrass and Kodija were multi million pound players.The Blunts maybe more the model for us with goals spread from defence to attack. We need a forward though to hit 25+. If Billy Pig can do it then the likes off Joa Fletcher and Forestieri have the ability. If we offload 2 of these as the rumours are stating then a fast mobile forward will need to be found.

Snodgrass is a one goal every four or five games player, which is more than acceptable for a wide player, on one side at least. Kodija is more of a one in three wide player, which again is pretty good, especially if your main striker is a 20 goal man.

Doing it the way the piggies have done it, could also work, but still require big changes in midfield and up front. We need two all rounders in midfield, capable of both attacking and defending (no place for Hutch or Bannan) and two mobile strikers

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Snodgrass is a one goal every four or five games player, which is more than acceptable for a wide player, on one side at least. Kodija is more of a one in three wide player, which again is pretty good, especially if your main striker is a 20 goal man.

Doing it the way the piggies have done it, could also work, but still require big changes in midfield and up front. We need two all rounders in midfield, capable of both attacking and defending (no place for Hutch or Bannan) and two mobile strikers

More pace and mobility in midfied is required. If Lee is back anywhere near he brings mobility and box to box running. Still need Hutchinson as 1 has to hold as this allows the others to play. Bannan needs to be further up the pitch to have a greater scoring impact. Could well be changes though in midfield and the way we set up.

4 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I wonder if Steve Bruce reads this stuff? Would be interesting to hear his views. Over to you lol.

To be fair to SB he has kept things well hidden and said little. Sure he knows were we need to improve and the systems he is going to use. He will let results do his talking.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Had he been available to play more than he was he would have built up more of a rapport with his team mates, so they would have read his runs and movement better.

A bit like Hirst and Bright in the 90's when playing together or Waddles ability to pick a players run. You play together week in week out you pick this up better.

Too many excuses mate. MM was here plenty long enough for the players to realise what his strengths were. The players weren’t good enough to pick the pass. Even I could see it...every bleedin time he played. 

30 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Surely Kodjia is more of a striker than a winger as well, his prolific season a few years back was at centre-forward for sure

16 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

My guess is that the soft embargo won't be lifted this week and we'll head to Portugal with no new signings. 

Well that’s cheered me up