Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 hours ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Is there a shred of evidence for anyone mentioned ? WTF:

Fair point, but there have been articles in germany re:borner, moses has been a bruce player and again in paper. Doesnt mean true ofcourse. I meant ive only seen the bidwell link on here, did it originate elsewhere?

21 minutes ago, Walt said:

It was a bit of a standing joke amongst our lot when MM played. Guess how many runs he makes without receiving the ball? It got to the point one match when we thought Bannan was refusing to pass to him out of spite as MM had not tracked his man back which led to a goal.

Think it's more about not wanting to be giving the ball away needless. If all your striker does if miss the target you tend to take a different approach.

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Stoke announce 5 signings at once.

Hope we do something similar in the coming days. 

Doubt it! Be usual scrabble around in the bargain bins once the season has started to cobble together a squad. Wonder why we start most seasons badly with out of shape players who then become perpetual injury burdens. 

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I suppose we all see different stuff Walt...I thought a lot of his runs pointless..He just sorta guessed a direction and legged it

Indeed we do mate. I suppose a lot comes down to where you sit in the ground. If I'm ever at pitch level I have not got a clue what is going on tactically. I don't understand why this is as when I played (even at my low standard) I could soon suss what was going off. When I'm high up in the North it's pretty simple to work out what we and the opposition are doing or trying to do.

1 minute ago, Walt said:

Indeed we do mate. I suppose a lot comes down to where you sit in the ground. If I'm ever at pitch level I have not got a clue what is going on tactically. I don't understand why this is as when I played (even at my low standard) I could soon suss what was going off. When I'm high up in the North it's pretty simple to work out what we and the opposition are doing or trying to do.

From the North you probably get a better view of where Marco was going than I do on the Kop...It just seemed oft times he thought..."Off I go"

I didn't mind him as a player...but we need better

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The soft embargo we are under is different I believe.

Soft embargo prevents us from making permanent signings. If they allow us to sign players we are no longer under that soft embargo.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I've thought of a way you can make your kalai... telescope self funding.

Take it on the kop and charge 50p to view replays on the "big" screen..

I could disguise it as a Tuba..they are allowed....

Send me a fire certificate for an astronomical device..thats covered in the brass section of the musical instruments at Hillsborough act 1993.....

It can't be hard...and its not as though you are doing owt else...

Is it?

6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Think it's more about not wanting to be giving the ball away needless. If all your striker does if miss the target you tend to take a different approach.

That's the thing mate, the runs he made would have left him often one v one against the centre back or in on the 'keeper. I don't think anyone would refuse that pass if they saw it.

That said I swear blind Reach refused a simple 15 yard ball to Rhodes one game. Rhodes would have been clean through but Reach looked up, saw it was Rhodes, went to pass but then stopped and played it sideways. Reach had earlier tried a similar ball  three times to Rhodes but Rhodes had either been twice out paced when he was favourite with a start on the centre back  or once when he just fell over trying to control the ball.

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

I could disguise it as a Tuba..they are allowed....

Send me a fire certificate for an astronomical device..thats covered in the brass section of the musical instruments at Hillsborough act 1993.....

It can't be hard...and its not as though you are doing owt else...

Is it?

You can see me laid out like lamb and lettuce on the kitchen settee having a sherbet and chuckling at Owlstalk...good to know you've sorted the focal issue..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Walt said:

That's the thing mate, the runs he made would have left him often one v one against the centre back or in on the 'keeper. I don't think anyone would refuse that pass if they saw it.

That said I swear blind Reach refused a simple 15 yard ball to Rhodes one game. Rhodes would have been clean through but Reach looked up, saw it was Rhodes, went to pass but then stopped and played it sideways. Reach had earlier tried a similar ball  three times to Rhodes but Rhodes had either been twice out paced when he was favourite with a start on the centre back  or once when he just fell over trying to control the ball.

So you seen it yourself. Players will refuse the ball if they feel it's a waste of time.

6 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Soft embargo prevents us from making permanent signings. If they allow us to sign players we are no longer under that soft embargo.

From what I understood as we haven't sorted out our accounts it was different.

The embargo was pending type thing based on there findings.