Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Can see that. But even at Villa he had the likes of Bolasie and Adomah who he needed to turn to purely as impact players. I don’t think there are many better than Joao at that. 

True.

He's a great impact player.

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Jordan Hugill ha ha, not unless we’re building for league one A bulldozer of a player, better suited to a bygone age, or the lower leagues Surely Bruce has more sense

Football isn’t as complicated as you make out. Not at this level. Strong quick, decent in the air and can leather it. PNE never got relegated. Plus he is robust and doesn’t get injured much. 

We’d need more dynamic players too though. 

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Jordan Hugill ha ha, not unless we’re building for league one A bulldozer of a player, better suited to a bygone age, or the lower leagues Surely Bruce has more sense

Right on cue the only view that really matters has been given. I think we can finally put the Hugill rumours to bed now :biggrin:

Edited by Great Big Galaa

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Football isn’t as complicated as you make out. Not at this level. Strong quick, decent in the air and can leather it. PNE never got relegated. Plus he is robust and doesn’t get injured much. 

Pace and Power is the key in this division .

I can’t see Bruce wanting to get rid of Forestieri in all truth, unless he knows he will never regain 100% fitness.

When Bruce was at Villa he singled Forestieri out as being our main threat describing him as a “top, top player”. This season when talking about Forestieri’s fitness he referred to him being up their with “the best in this division”.

So if he was to sell him I think he’d want good money, not a cut price. He’s the perfect manager for a player like Forestieri because he knows how to deal with ego & personalities. 

Rhodes I think will be gone & totally understand Bruce wanting that to be done at a lower price. It clears a lot of wages and he wouldn’t want someone in the dressing room who has made it clear he doesn’t want to be here.

As for Joao... he’s got so much talent but is so weak & generally seems like he can’t be bothered. I’m not saying he isn’t but his body language gives that impression. I think Bannan was the one who said he is frustrating because in training he’s immense but doesn’t seem to be able to convert it into the games. So wouldn’t be surprised to see him move on if we get a decent offer but I doubt it’s a priority as he’s probably not on huge wages & offers something a little different.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

I can’t see Bruce wanting to get rid of Forestieri in all truth, unless he knows he will never regain 100% fitness.

When Bruce was at Villa he singled Forestieri out as being our main threat describing him as a “top, top player”. This season when talking about Forestieri’s fitness he referred to him being up their with “the best in this division”.

So if he was to sell him I think he’d want good money, not a cut price. He’s the perfect manager for a player like Forestieri because he knows how to deal with ego & personalities. 

Rhodes I think will be gone & totally understand Bruce wanting that to be done at a lower price. It clears a lot of wages and he wouldn’t want someone in the dressing room who has made it clear he doesn’t want to be here.

As for Joao... he’s got so much talent but is so weak & generally seems like he can’t be bothered. I’m not saying he isn’t but his body language gives that impression. I think Bannan was the one who said he is frustrating because in training he’s immense but doesn’t seem to be able to convert it into the games. So wouldn’t be surprised to see him move on if we get a decent offer but I doubt it’s a priority as he’s probably not on huge wages & offers something a little different.

If Joao does it in training, surely Bruce can see it, and should be able to help him transfer it to games. Don’t feel he was given enough game time last season, especially when you consider his minutes to goals ratio

Edited by gurujuan

None of these players are similar in style to the players used by Bruce previously, Abraham at Villa, and Abel Hernandez at Hull The idea that we have to have a big daft lad barging his way around, up front, is so outmoded

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Its been complicated because we've never had a team capable of getting out of this division. Plenty like Hugill are good enough to keep us in it