Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest wilyfox

Clear difference this year is we're teeing deals up despite the embargo, so the club must know for sure it'll be lifted otherwise we wouldn't commit. Last year there was nothing until deadline day. 

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Clear difference this year is we're teeing deals up despite the embargo, so the club must know for sure it'll be lifted otherwise we wouldn't commit. Last year there was nothing until deadline day. 

Agree, the soft embargo is as a result of non submission of accounts, not due to the content of the accounts, although I do acknowledge the accounts needs to be resolved and submitted. 

As you implied, I think it unlikely we would agree deals without reasonable certainty they would be ratified, therefore not expecting any sanction when the accounts are  eventually submitted.

Also, since DC took over, we've never been particularly quick in confirming new signings. Dont think there will be any urgency until nearer the start of pre season, when I suspect we'll see a flurry of activity....as will be the case with most clubs, not just us.

11 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

If everyone wasn't comfortable that the umbongo will be removed there is no way that players would be looking to sign for us.....so it does seem like a 'technical' issue

How do you know they are?

All we've heard are rumours on here and social media. Which as we know means F A

4 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Ahh TeamTalk... Let me ring their extortionate phone line for all the info... Used to love doing that. My folks hated the subsequent phone bill. 

Like when I got accused of ringing certain adult chat lines which appeared on my parents phone bill. Turns out it was the builders having a quick tea break tug in our lav, but it took me proving that I was away at the itemised call times to clear my name.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Like when I got accused of ringing certain adult chat lines which appeared on my parents phone bill. Turns out it was the builders having a quick tea break tug in our lav, but it took me proving that I was away at the itemised call times to clear my name.

So let's get this straight ! You never took a throw at the expense of your parents ?