Celebrity Tango

When you think about it Tango is arguably more famous than many of the ‘celebrities’ appearing on the likes of I’m a Cekeb. Most seem to be from reality tv programmes such as Towie, Geordie Shore etc. 

Tango seems to divide opinion between Wednesday fans. I’ve never been in his company, but he comes across as a decent bloke in the numerous interviews I’ve seen. I actually find it quite amusing that he watches matches bare chested and if he did appear on I’m a Celeb I’d be interested to see how he’d  cope.

He plays to his audience.......

when he with the younger element he turns into his stereotypical fat shirtless sometimes pathetic alter ego.

when with some of the older lads he’s Paul, good company, respectful and well capable of grown up conversation.

No one though can question his commitment to both Wednesday and England.

Remember back in the 90’s when he first hit the headlines and rumours were circulating amongst our more “active” lads about all the appearance fees he received from his various magazine interviews and tv appearances, soccer am etc.

To his credit he produced receipts from Sheffield Children’s Hospital proving he’d donated every penny to them and still does to this day.

Since then he’s been grudgingly accepted by Wednesdays older lads for what he is ..... a harmless eccentric!

• Like 4

Didn't know that about the children's hospital. Gone up in my estimation there. For me he's an eccentric bloke who plays a role. He's never harmed me and I doubt he ever will so let him get on with it. OK, he's not exactly a supermodel but ffs, the rest of our fanbase ain't either. Same as every other club. He's a working bloke who loves footy and Wednesday.