Alex Bruce Tweet

2 hours ago, Striggy said:

For the first time ever I have made a complaint to the BBC, as I was livid at the time, and have subsequently read Alex Bruce's tweet.  And yes I have got my knickers in a twist, and rightly so, think Bruce and his family deserve an apology.

Spot on....so much for the BBC and it's policy's of inclusivity and promoting mental health etc etc....poor show and even if they now claim they didn't know the whole story, they at least should have done their research...

Murphys a sour little tvvat, never liked him and never will, so expected something like that from him, but Gullits gone right down in my estimation too after his uninformed criticism.

BBC punditry really is awful these days, added to the fact you have to listen to mr cynical sarcasm himself Lawrenson whining on for 90 minutes too. Awful

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Well, it's hit pretty much all the major news outlets. 

It was just a really sh*tty thing to say and they're rightly getting pelters for it. Had nothing to do with analysis and was an ill informed swipe born out of ignorance. 

By all accounts, Bruce is very well thought of within the football community, so I'd imagine these remarks irked quite a few. 

Anymore on twitter about it ?

To be fair, Lawrenson did acknowledge the Wednesday fans singing about Steve Bruce.

I cant remember his exact comment so apologies but it felt like something along the lines of ....Theres the answer about whether Wednesday fans support the club and Bruces decision.

Got a mention the end of Jim White's show just now. Danny Murphy wasn't on, but White basically suggested it was Wednesday who had an issue with it. Words to the effect of "they shouldn't have given him the job if they had a problem with it..."

Fair play to Bob Mills who pointed out that Wednesday don't seem to seem to have an issue with it, without going as far as calling his mate out for being a tvvat.

• Like 1

Heard it on radio 1 newsbeat about 30 mins ago. Bit of a nothing story on there they just recapped what happened, said Alex Scott stuck up for Bruce, said Murphy and Gullit we’re getting a lot of stick on social media and that’s about it. No apologies from anyone or anything.

Tbh our club and our fans have nothing wrong with the arrangement, in fact it’s probably built up a lot more respect between all parties and I have to respect the chairman’s decision for letting Bruce have the time he needs to put family first, not many chairman be bold enough to do that so we’ll dine Mr C. I’m sure when Bruce starts he’ll be ready to go and a lot better for it. Poor from BBC.

Edited by Lemi_the_owl
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, emersonthome said:

Got a mention the end of Jim White's show just now. Danny Murphy wasn't on, but White basically suggested it was Wednesday who had an issue with it. Words to the effect of "they shouldn't have given him the job if they had a problem with it..."

Fair play to Bob Mills who pointed out that Wednesday don't seem to seem to have an issue with it, without going as far as calling his mate out for being a tvvat.

Jim White that’s another moron on talksport that station is full of them. 

12 minutes ago, emersonthome said:

How thick is Jim White?

Why would we agree to it and then have an issue with it?!?

Jesus Christ on a crystal meth binge.

• Haha 1

I’m not really bothered about this enough to complain but the issue is sure proving a great way for people in the media to self select themselves as morons. Although most of them so far seem to already have achieved that by working for Talksport.