Alex Bruce Tweet

I don't listen to the pundits before, during or after the game and this isn't going to make me start anytime soon. We seem to live in a culture where you have to have a strong opinion on everything, even if you have no idea what is going on. Apologies needed from Murphy and Gullit in my eyes and the BBC maybe should have more pundits like Scott who knew what was happening compared to the rest of them.

Took 10 mins this morning to fill in a bbc complaint form, they don’t make it a swift process! Nevertheless, I complained about the two numpties thoughtless comments on Bruce’s appointment and of there treatment of Alex Scott who they attempted to belittle. I too was surprised that Gabby Logan didn’t support Alex Scott more from her position as ‘Chair’, maybe she was in shock at their moronic behaviour. I await a reply from the bbc and suggest that more folks on here fill the complaint online form in. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Took 10 mins this morning to fill in a bbc complaint form, they don’t make it a swift process! Nevertheless, I complained about the two numpties thoughtless comments on Bruce’s appointment and of there treatment of Alex Scott who they attempted to belittle. I too was surprised that Gabby Logan didn’t support Alex Scott more from her position as ‘Chair’, maybe she was in shock at their moronic behaviour. I await a reply from the bbc and suggest that more folks on here fill the complaint online form in. 

I'd agree with more people complaining.

23 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

We seem to live in a culture where you have to have a strong opinion on everything, even if you have no idea what is going on. 

This pretty much sums it up.

The sensationalism thats promoted by Social Media has permeated everything, including the BBC

Away from football, if you were making a big appointment and you thought you'd found the right candidate, you'd definitely be prepared to wait the extra month. Appointments are the most important things to get right, and seldom easy.

Whether this is the right appointment is a different question; time will tell. But it would have been weird not to be prepared to wait a little while.

22 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

This pretty much sums it up.

The sensationalism thats promoted by Social Media has permeated everything, including the BBC

Think that was the good thing about Alex Scott’s ‘well you’ll just have to ask Steve Bruce’ answer. Basically ‘I don’t know why you keep asking me this mad question about what I think someone else would do’.

3 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

They really ought to ask Gullit and Murphy their opinions on this now....Because if they were ignorant of those facts a simple apology is warranted...

if they were cognisant of these facts..They are a pair of Kun./ts

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Miffed said:

To be fair, Lawrenson did acknowledge the Wednesday fans singing about Steve Bruce.

I cant remember his exact comment so apologies but it felt like something along the lines of ....Theres the answer about whether Wednesday fans support the club and Bruces decision.

I’m surprised he noticed with how subtley we’ve popped the words Steve Bruce’s into the Barmy Army song :biggrin:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Exactly this. Nobody had any issue with it till that pair of morons piped up last night. 

Danny Murphy didn’t achieve much as a player, and he’s achieving a little less as a pundit. Absolute two hat.

4 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Classic media trying to make a story or a confrontation where there isnt one.

Bruce is on a break and will join us this week- he's happy, DC is happy, we're happy. Where is the issue?

Well judging from this text and other stuff flying around social media we ain't happy with people taking the peeesss out of our club...admire your laid back approach and analysis of classic media strategies, but for me they got it well wrong, poor research , poor punditry...(is there such a word as punditry?)...

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

They really ought to ask Gullit and Murphy their opinions on this now....Because if they were ignorant of those facts a simple apology is warranted...

if they were cognisant of these facts..They are a pair of Kun./ts

Even if he wasn't, Murphy still is. He is an awful pundit says nothing of any use, and always looks a right miserable git. Punditry is such an easy job yet they can't be bothered to do their homework.....e.g. Lawrenson when FF comes on 'He's been sent off a few times so he must be feisty'. Well actually Mark, yes he has been sent off 3 (I think) times. The first 2 were in the space of 7 days each for 2 bookable offences. The first at Preston was for a dubious deliberate handball followed by alleged diving, the second at Hull where he was correctly booked for a shirt pull then had the audacity to put his shin against Dawsons flying boot...….when Dawson thought he was going to be sent off for a professional foul. None of that could be classed as feisty.

The third sending off was when Ben Pearson had kicked him all over the park and had no protection from the ref so he took it upon himself to put matters straight. Feisty on that occasion? Probably, but definitely provoked  

• Like 2

Glad that AB is getting support from others in the game like Wright, Dixon etc defending SB as they actually know what he's been through. Alex Scott was sticking up for Bruce and just bullied by the 2 twats, Gabby Logan should've been more informed and given a justification in response.

God knows why they don't choose a pundit who's actually followed the league one of the teams playing is in, they would be able to give a proper informed response right away, and make them look like a right pair of twats.

If Bruce needed another month to get himself fully right for the challenge ahead I would still accept it. We want him to do more than a short term job here, and he is the best we could attract by far- need him to be fully refreshed and raring to go here as it's a big job ahead.

The MU comment by Guillit was a disgrace and offered nothing. Would he be saying that about Chesterfield in conference too? Prat.

3 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

Well said Bruce, but he should never have had to defend himself. Murphy and Guillit really ought to apologise to him, both a disgrace.

I like how he was still watching how the England team's coaching and the differences. So the trip wasn't for just relaxation either.

“They may have lost the first Test but being able to speak to the coaching staff, learn about how they do things and the way they prepare, that can only be useful to me as a manager,” he added. “It’s a different sport but they have been extremely successful over the last few years and I wanted to tap into that.”