Alex Bruce Tweet

6 minutes ago, sturutter said:

Now that it's pretty certain that neither of them knew the details, I think Gullit has every right to feel very let down by the laziness of the  BBC here.

I mean, he would still have come across as an arrogant clown, but it's unfair for him to be known as an arrogant clown who criticised someone whilst knowing that their parents had died.  He didn't know.

Murphy not knowing the details as an English pundit with other punditry jobs is a bad black mark against him. But, Gullit? I'm not sure. He's there in the role of a big name, a Chelsea legend; is it that bad of him not to know the details of managerial appointments in the Championship?

He will come away thinking "the BBC have made me look awful by not briefing me on the one important issue here," and -talking over a woman and everything else aside- I think he has every right to feel like that. 

Instead of wading in with stuff like the Man Utd comment and talking over Alex Scott when she said "I'm thinking of the year he's had off the field" he could have asked what she knew that he didn't about the situation. Unfortunately he didn't which made him look even more arrogant than just not knowing. Alex Scott's comment should have alerted them all to there being a deeper issue which they had not been aware of.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sturutter said:

Now that it's pretty certain that neither of them knew the details, I think Gullit has every right to feel very let down by the laziness of the  BBC here.

I mean, he would still have come across as an arrogant clown, but it's unfair for him to be known as an arrogant clown who criticised someone whilst knowing that their parents had died.  He didn't know.

Murphy not knowing the details as an English pundit with other punditry jobs is a bad black mark against him. But, Gullit? I'm not sure. He's there in the role of a big name, a Chelsea legend; is it that bad of him not to know the details of managerial appointments in the Championship?

He will come away thinking "the BBC have made me look awful by not briefing me on the one important issue here," and -talking over a woman and everything else aside- I think he has every right to feel like that. 

I'm sure they would have been apprised of the details at sometime during the broadcast....Easy as f.ook at half time or full time to say

"Sorry about that I mispoke...I didn't realise the circumstances"

At one bit to be fair to alex Scott she said something like "Under the circumstances...." but hardly got time to finish cos Gullit talked over he in quite a condescending manner...which is funny because there seemed only to be Alex Scott who had done anything like research.

Danny murphy on Talksport this morning had obviously asked for the chance to explain himself....Have a listen to it...

He starts off talking about several subjects that have no connection with the game...but says things like

"As far as I know"..and  "without being in the know about the subject..."...I honestly knew what was coming...It was obviously set up for him...

Then Jim white says ...I paraphrase

"Just before we go to a break Danny, could you explain the comments made about Steve Bruce at the weekend"

Danny murphy then...could have apologised saying he was unaware of the reasons behind Steve Bruces delay"

He doesn't

He admits he was unaware, but his comments were simply about what "Sheffield Wednesday supporters might think"...I pulled into a lay by and phoned the station..I was f.ookin' fuming....

I thought "F.ook me...Ive bought Jordan Rhodes, Sold f.ookin' Jack hunt..now I#m getting this f.ooker pinned on me"

Couldn't get through....They had no desire anyway...thats why they shoved it in just before a break.

Murphy simply dodged apologising

It was making a huge deal out of the situation and Gullit trying to make Alex Scott look stupid by saying 'It wouldn't happen at Man Utd etc'. Felt for her as she had clearly done her research into what has happened. She also explained this to Gullit and Murphy who ignored her on live television. 

No SWFC fan, that I'm aware of has made a big deal out of this once they knew the reasons. They made out like we were up in arms about it. All it takes and it is their job to do some research as pundits, was search the swfc hastag and they would find out we are not angry about it.

It was arrogance and laziness at its highest. 

Gullit referencing it wouldn't happen at Man Utd - is also rubbish - - they hire interim/ caretaker managers until they get the man they want - same as Chelsea. So similar things do happen at highest level. 

There are things a lot more important than football and it actually makes me like Bruce more for standing up for his values.  

Still unimpressed with Danny Murphy tbh. He did his best to wriggle out of the mini sh*tstorm he’s created, but still came across as a bellend.

Oh and why does he keep going on about Bruce managing Sheffield United? I’m pretty sure that non of our fans give a shiny sh*te about his brief time there over 20 years ago

Edited by Stoop

Guest The Horse

The bit that got me was the way Gullit practically bullied Alex Scott who has been a breath of fresh air in the punditry studios and talks more sense than a lot of her contemporaries.

She dealt with him with such composure and quick thinking not to fall into his trap.

And that's not me 'White Knighting' either.

Cos I'm a horse.

Guest everydays_wednesday

Alex Scott was the total voice of reason and was brilliant i thought. Intelligent and thougtful comments.

On 27/01/2019 at 21:39, zzmdu said:

Devils Advocate: if Bruce needed time out with family due to bereavements & other issues, was going to watch the England Cricket team, with all the coverage the right choice?

Its just terribly difficult to keep a promise of taking someone to the cricket without going to the cricket... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Still unimpressed with Danny Murphy tbh. He did his best to wriggle out of the mini sh*tstorm he’s created, but still came across as a bellend.

Oh and why does he keep going on about Bruce managing Sheffield United? I’m pretty sure that non of our fans give a shiny sh*te about his brief time there over 20 years ago

This is basically his big mistake. I’ve no idea where he’s got it from but he’s still under the impression that Wednesday fans are bothered by the fact that Bruce used to manage the pigs and that he’s not starting until February. It’s partly why he made his daft comment and totally why his apology is so lacklustre.

I think maybe he just can’t comprehend that fans wouldn’t be bothered about these things because Talksport’s entire existence is based on everybody being bothered about every cliched controversy in football. If he bursts that bubble then he’s not got a deal else to work with. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

There are things a lot more important than football and it actually makes me like Bruce more for standing up for his values.  

And also to Chansiri for agreeing to it and having the balls to wait for Bruce if he is was his first choice, particularly as he had been getting some flack around that time. 

2 hours ago, sturutter said:

I can see where you're coming from but I think that you are giving Gullit too much credit here as he should have listened to what Alex Scott was saying rather being an ignorant prat. I actually think he was guided by Murphy rather than let down by the BBC. If Murphy hadn't been spouting forth on something he clearly knew nothing about, then I doubt that Gullit would have said anything. And it's appalling that neither of them has had the decency to apologise…….because I don't accept what Murphy said on Talksport was an apology, more a justification for his drivel