Alex Bruce Tweet

One good thing to come out of this is that the fans will be even more behind Bruce than they might have done. We all know that he's been bad mouthed and whether we agree with him having a delayed start or not (and I have no problem with it), the fans will rally round him in the face of the rubbish spouted.

17 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Bunch of simpletons. 

I think the BBC (garbage as usual) need to take a large portion of blame on this too as surely someone in their production team might have thought it a good idea to know the reasons behind what has happened. 

It probably wasn’t even discussed. Football pundits go out on a wim and say whatever they want these days, it’s the hub for egotistical nob eds

Edited by FreshOwl

3 minutes ago, Bramhall Owl said:

One good thing to come out of this is that the fans will be even more behind Bruce than they might have done. 

Maybe. Could lead to a bit of siege mentality.  

On the subject of the BBC pundits, the more I think about it, their opinions in general are just complete filler before the second half starts. It’s usually quite insignificant. 

I watched it last night and was appalled by what they said.  How thoughtless and crass to say that about a man who has suffered double bereavement within a short time. I have complained via the BBC website and urge other fans to do so.  This behaviour is not acceptable

I’ve complained on the BBC website. Our money pays their wages and we shouldn’t let them get away with it. 

At a time of increased awareness of mental health issues, they were both incredibly ignorant about a man who lost both his parents recently. How ignorant and arrogant they must be.

If they have any respect, they should issue an apology.

I for one think Bruce has set a good example with what he’s done. As much as I would like him here sooner, I would much rather he arrives when he feels in the best possible mindset to take us forward. 

On 27/01/2019 at 21:43, Stoop said:

Complete ignorance and stupidity from Danny Murphy tbh

Said Bruce was “off sunning himself or whatever” and that the club has got to take its share of the blame for allowing it to happen. I mean what the actual f**k

The thing to do from both parties (that is Bruce and SWFC) is issue a statement.

A statement demanding an apology from the BBC.   That both manager and club have been held in disregard with such disparaging remarks by ill informed pundits.

The statement could include such things as "We understand the BBC has ignorance to anything other than the Premier League, however"  

In truth, it changes nothing, but it would highlight the abhorrent nature of reporting outside of the top flight.     Pundits are paid a kings ransom to do their job, the bare minimum they should do is some basic homework.

Hell, if anyone is bothered we could have a copy/paste email ready to send to the BBC complaints department.    

Within all this hammer which is quite rightly going to them two, It’s also nice to see Alex Scott getting some appreciation.

Tried sticking up for Bruce, but was talked over.

Definately one of the better pundits around, comes across well, and isn’t a complete tool.

Could easily listen to her as the main speaker without any issue. 

I've just watched it. I generally don't like to overhype things. I thought perhaps it wouldn't be so bad, but I agree with all the above.

Why even bring it up? It made it seem as though the fans are not happy, which is 100% not the case - although Alex Scott (who I agree, is one of the best pundits for sure) did her best to suggest why he has taken the break without going into the details.

It was a daft hypothetical question from Ruud Gullit. I'd ask him one back - if it was Roy Keane you were speaking to, would you take the same tone?

Edited by jomaco

Not to take too much criticism away from Gullit and Murphy, but I think the biggest dropping of the ball is from the BBC production team. It's the first rule  of TV to know if any of the topics that are going to be brought up could have sensitive material, and to brief the panel on any important details around it.

Yes, of course it is ridiculous, especially for Murphy, that the pundits didn't know the details themselves anyway, but the BBC has got to give them the safety net of a pre-match briefing. 

They would (presumably?!) not have said what they did had they known the full details, and I think they will have both felt a bit sick at whichever point they learnt after the show that they hadn't just  been talking about a man who had decided to take any old holiday. 

Edited by sturutter
  • Like 1

The fact that there has been no acknowledgement from the BBC or the two “pundits” yet is quite staggering. I’ve gone back on the BBC website again this morning and complained that no apology has been forthcoming. Their silence seems to suggest to all that they don’t think they’ve done anything wrong. It is typical of the corporate approach of the BBC that they take 2 weeks to process a complaint, by which time presumably they are hoping that everyone has forgotten about the original issue. Keep bombarding the bar stewards until they respond is what I say. They really aren’t worth the license fee. Feckers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sternlad said:

The fact that there has been no acknowledgement from the BBC or the two “pundits” yet is quite staggering. I’ve gone back on the BBC website again this morning and complained that no apology has been forthcoming. Their silence seems to suggest to all that they don’t think they’ve done anything wrong. It is typical of the corporate approach of the BBC that they take 2 weeks to process a complaint, by which time presumably they are hoping that everyone has forgotten about the original issue. Keep bombarding the bar stewards until they respond is what I say. They really aren’t worth the license fee. Feckers.

You've not been watching any of the BBC news over the last 4 years? Really lol 

8 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Yea but he's still passing it off as that's what football fans will think.

I'm sure some football fans will think like that. Watch what happens when things don't go too well for SB. Any ammo that can be used will be used - it always happens especially on forums.

Obviously don't do any research of their own, except headlines in the tabloids, pair of ignorent arogent lobbers and the BBC are no better, needed someone like Waddle or Bright, but that would have needed them to stretch their brain cells a bit. 

Now that it's pretty certain that neither of them knew the details, I think Gullit has every right to feel very let down by the laziness of the  BBC here.

I mean, he would still have come across as an arrogant clown, but it's unfair for him to be known as an arrogant clown who criticised someone whilst knowing that their parents had died.  He didn't know.

Murphy not knowing the details as an English pundit with other punditry jobs is a bad black mark against him. But, Gullit? I'm not sure. He's there in the role of a big name, a Chelsea legend; is it that bad of him not to know the details of managerial appointments in the Championship?

He will come away thinking "the BBC have made me look awful by not briefing me on the one important issue here," and -talking over a woman and everything else aside- I think he has every right to feel like that. 

Edited by sturutter