Steve Bruce interview on Test Match Special

10 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Interesting bit at the end...when he said "a few phone calls made and before an hour (has gone by), I'm back on the wagon."

I know you can't take it literally, but does it sound like we were in for him pretty quickly after Villa got rid? 

Off the drink again then. :ph34r:

Brucey brilliantly bigged up Owls saying how over 6,000 were going Sunday on BBC 5 live footy daily podcast.

His message seemed to be we've had 2 crap years and he's here to sort it. Sounds like he will.

Filled me with confidence that - on footy side - we'll be back on track soon.

If Chansiri can also do FFP and cash , and let Steve trade, too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I don't know why but I wouldn't be at all be surprised if we had a run until the end of the season like we had when Dave Jones first took the reigns :cool:

If we get a top 10 finish and beat the oinkers on our own patch to deny them promotion I will take that. :biggrin:

5 hours ago, jomaco said:

I guess he realises there's only one team in Sheffield, and there's only one team Yorkshire, the famous Sheffield!

Sheffield Wednesday are the biggest Best and most successful club in Sheffield.

What's the problem with being called Sheffield......

Its not as though there is any other club of note in Sheffield is it....

45 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I disagree, we have the impending shitstorm heading our way but I honestly believe Bruce is the man to guide us through this and start the much needed rebuild.

I for one feel very confident for our future.

Don't think the shitstorm can just be overlooked because of the manager. It's good to be optimistic, but I hope people will be realistic if Bruce doesn't have us challenging for promotion this season or next. 

21 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

I've just realised that Steve Bruce is, probably by some distance, the biggest name manager we've had since Big Ron... possibly even bigger?

Nowhere near as big as Big Ron, nor Dave Jones I think.

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

I’ll be surprised if he’s not at Stamford Bridge this weekend the way the cricket is going, we’re bloody awful. English Test cricket has gone right down the shytehole.

they've won 8 of there last 9 games …..

1 hour ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Don't think the shitstorm can just be overlooked because of the manager. It's good to be optimistic, but I hope people will be realistic if Bruce doesn't have us challenging for promotion this season or next. 

I'd seriously be looking at the season after that, the squad needs a complete overhaul, we have assists which we can cash in on and he has contacts that I'm sure he will utilise.

The aim for this season and next should be to lay the foundations for a solid promotion push the year after.

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I'd seriously be looking at the season after that, the squad needs a complete overhaul, we have assists which we can cash in on and he has contacts that I'm sure he will utilise.

The aim for this season and next should be to lay the foundations for a solid promotion push the year after.

Will be hard to do under transfer embargo.