Steve Bruce interview on Test Match Special

Can’t wait to take the roof at Ipswich with a massive verse of Steve Bruce barmy army as we go 3-0 up and completely out song them

this is a taste of what it will be like to be a legen here Bruce

come big our next big Ron and you will be idolised 

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

My main concern was/still is we needed him here, so as to direct the chairman a bit first hand, tell agents of players to find their player a new club, maybe try stenghen with a loan or two. By the time he takes over it'll be too late and be no way to address these issues. 

Each to their own i suppose.

Someone who puts family before a job. Sounds like an eminently sensible person to me.

Not many people when they look back on things will ever say I really wish I had spent more time at work than taking time with my family.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

He says he also went to learn different training and preparation by top teams.

bloody hope not!

and he called us “Sheffield “............

Whilst it’s not ideal him calling us Sheffield, he can get away with it if he says well there’s only one team in Sheffield 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

He says he also went to learn different training and preparation by top teams.

bloody hope not!

and he called us “Sheffield “............

I guess he realises there's only one team in Sheffield, and there's only one team Yorkshire, the famous Sheffield!

29 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

I couldn't give a full to$$ that he isn't here yet. He's keeping a promise to a family member and will be here on Feb 1st. He has my full backing and I can['t wait to see him in the dugout.

Everyone is cracking jokes about the cricket etc., but in reality the vast vast majority of fans are in support of his decision, and with good reason as stated by others above.

• Thanks 1

After what has been a really tough year for him and his family, I really liked the sound of that interview.

Sounds like he really needed some time away from the game to recharge his batteries and focus on what's important in life.

Now it sounds like he's fully refreshed and ready to go, I genuinely can't wait for him to get here.

36 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Each to their own i suppose.

Someone who puts family before a job. Sounds like an eminently sensible person to me.

Not many people when they look back on things will ever say I really wish I had spent more time at work than taking time with my family.

Can't argue with those sentiments bud, I just think as a club we needed someone in before the end of January, so we could have got some deals done.