Steve Bruce interview on Test Match Special

If Steve Bruce takes us to the Premier League he will be the best and most iconic manager of my generation, even surpassing Big Ron

The task at hand is huge, but one i genuinely think he is capable of. Success needs to be measured by more than just points on the board though, the club needs improvement across the board and i think he's the man to really get us pulling in the right direction. 

Ironically up until he got the job here i've always wanted to dislike him, for that 97th minute Fergie time header and more recently pipping us with Hull, but he's a likeable guy.

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Because he is such a good man manager I really do believe that Rhodes would be worth another chance here. 

Don't doubt Bruce would want to have a look at him. 

If we do end up being embargoed in the summer,  he might return like a new signing by default. No point loaning or selling if were not allowed to recruit.

30 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Can't argue with those sentiments bud, I just think as a club we needed someone in before the end of January, so we could have got some deals done. 

Would have been useful, could be this situation suits Bruce and DC so not as much pressure on the club to spend money we don't have.

56 minutes ago, jomaco said:

I guess he realises there's only one team in Sheffield, and there's only one team Yorkshire, the famous Sheffield!

Probably safer to use the term Sheffield as hate him to call us Utd in a slip of the tongue from a previous bad habit.

34 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Can't argue with those sentiments bud, I just think as a club we needed someone in before the end of January, so we could have got some deals done. 

Do you honestly think that he hasn't been in touch with anyone at Hillsborough since he took over ?

29 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

If Steve Bruce takes us to the Premier League he will be the best and most iconic manager of my generation, even surpassing Big Ron

The task at hand is huge, but one i genuinely think he is capable of. Success needs to be measured by more than just points on the board though, the club needs improvement across the board and i think he's the man to really get us pulling in the right direction. 

Ironically up until he got the job here i've always wanted to dislike him, for that 97th minute Fergie time header and more recently pipping us with Hull, but he's a likeable guy.

Yeah, he has something to compare to having worked at Villa recently - is the set up at Wednesday completely as he'd expect? Probably not, so he can gives pointers where we can improve

3 hours ago, torres said:

First game in Charge .. .. .

Westwood in the slips

Hutchinson Silly Mid Off

Joao Square Leg

Lets keep it tight til lunch boys 

You mean Abdi:carlosswfc:

Or should he be long off, or long time off.lol

Edited by marshy

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

Would have been useful, could be this situation suits Bruce and DC so not as much pressure on the club to spend money we don't have.

I think it's more to do with the fact we have zero money to spend and weren't going to make any signings in January.

Having said that, I'll still be disappointed if we don't make at least one loan signing.lol

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

Do you honestly think that he hasn't been in touch with anyone at Hillsborough since he took over ?

No one believes that, he will have been in daily contact etc. Not like being there in person though. But happy with the situation. Think it says a lot about his good character.