Kieran Lee

Every team has their injuries.

but our injuries, and freezing individuals out, make our squad look like night and day.

Horrific shame that Lee’s injury problems started the season after his best one for us. Was transforming his game and adding more and more goals 

Would love to see him back. But there’s little point rushing him when we’ve been without him so long. THIS time it has to be done properly.

Without doubt one of the best players we've had in many a year. Quiet, understated, missed hugely since he was last involved. Look how good he was at 75% fit for that spell last season. The thought that we might ( I stress that word) not see him play for us again makes me genuinely sad. Hopefully it will remain just a thought.

On 22/12/2018 at 22:08, trevdi9 said:

The lads our engine in mid field hope he gets back to full fitness asap it will be like a new signing

It would cost us millions to replace him . Those sorts of players dont come cheap 

13 minutes ago, james o connor said:

2 years out and in his 30s . It stounds me people are still waiting for his return . I think the penny might drop around 2030 ish ?

Yep, seen posters say they'd keep him as well. Was a class act for us but man we need to be ruthless from now on.

On 23/12/2018 at 04:14, james o connor said:

You have been negged for pointing out the truth . Vintage owlstalk 

Stop being so precious, Princess......... it’s a “disagree” not a “neg”.

Which makes it an “opinion“!

Edited by casbahowl

2 hours ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Even at his age he would still give the team an extra dimension, I'd love to see him pull on the Blue & White for a swansong season or two.

I wonder if playing RB would be a bit easier on his body. Thats where he used to play. Might extend his career.

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 19:58, wilfsmith said:

I chatted with him for a little while and I said I wished him all the best because it had been so serious for him. He brushed it off and said, 'Don't worry I'm due back to play in 3 to 4 weeks!'

Great news if it works out. It will be like signing a multi-million pounds player.

Thaks to Jos not playing him through injury.

On 22/12/2018 at 19:58, Beholder said:

if he came returned I'd be so happy. 

Still the best player in the squad. 

Cmon Keiran! 

If he isn't going to get back fit we have got to find that box to box midfield who pops up around the penalty spot. Who that player is Im not sure we can afford... Bradley Dack. 

37 minutes ago, doubleo said:

I wonder if playing RB would be a bit easier on his body. Thats where he used to play. Might extend his career.

The modern day full back? The same one who has to attack as well as defend? Who instead of tracking relatively larger, slower centre mids, must track quick, agile and nimble wide midfielders? Twisting, turning, sprinting with a history of injury to his hip? At 31?

The only career of KL that would extend, would be the one he plans to take up after retiring as a professional footballer.

Sarcasm aside, the only roll I could see him fulfilling would be as an attacking midfielder in behind a striker(s) . He's got the footballing smarts, the feet and speed of thought and knows when to get in the box and can finish.