I feel sorry for Dawson.

18 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

That may be true but can he get any worse ? The fans have given him enough time and all we see is poor kicks flapping and mistakes leading to goals...even the norwich fans were taking the pisswhere is the point where we say we either need to look at another goalkeeper or bring back westwood because the guy we have between the sticks right now just isnt good enough...re the chanting, frustrations simply boiled over and that is down to jos and DC.

Are you for real.......clueless fans are one of our biggest problems

Coild he get any worse?......absolutely,.,,I mean he could have not saved the penalty for starters......he could have not saved one of the many shots he's saved...more than any other keeper in the league......and opposition fans always take the wee wee out of keepers, even if they are playing like Yashin......have you ever been to a game?

but let me ask you this.....given that "fans" like you blame Dawson for the he poor performance of the defence, he's almost the only reason they are sh*te in your eyes due to his lack of organising and not telling them what to do........is he therefore, by default not 90% responsible for Hector getting player of the month?.....or does he just get the stick when they are poor but no credit when they play well?

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

Are you for real.......clueless fans are one of our biggest problems

Coild he get any worse?......absolutely,.,,I mean he could have not saved the penalty for starters......he could have not saved one of the many shots he's saved...more than any other keeper in the league......and opposition fans always take the wee wee out of keepers, even if they are playing like Yashin......have you ever been to a game?

but let me ask you this.....given that "fans" like you blame Dawson for the he poor performance of the defence, he's almost the only reason they are sh*te in your eyes due to his lack of organising and not telling them what to do........is he therefore, by default not 90% responsible for Hector getting player of the month?.....or does he just get the stick when they are poor but no credit when they play well?

Yet the irony is you were the one constantly slating Nuhiu last season and the season before wasnt it?

My opinion is that I feel westwood is a better player then dawson but Ill not post every day how bad I think he is unlike you ...yes I go to games and I have a season ticket thanks.

14 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Fans were not aiming this at Dawson they are aiming at at jos who is a lier and is taking.the pissout of the fans here ...just tell us the truth!!!

If anyone its him that has caused this.

Fans recieve an answer they don't like so that makes the guy who gave the answer a liar..........................awesome.

16 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Spot on 

"Poor" 

Saved a pen was not at fault for either of the first 2 goals and they chant for Westwood ...................moronic

Thought my eyes were deceiving me when I read his post 

You forgot to mention 4 or 5 one on ones as well

Although his kicking was poor it has to be said 

As for the chanting for Westwood it's beyond belief 

15 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

100%

But it may not be negatively, a decent player with a supportive manager might just see it as a challenge to make the jersey his own. But we don't have a supportive manager and the endless repetition of mistakes by our manager result only in frustration which inevitably spills over. Yes it would be nice to have a stadium full of patient fans prepared to wait forever, paying through the nose for dross week in week out until a miracle happens. That isn't the world we live in,  you are showing your age if you think otherwise.

15 hours ago, sam1 said:

why is he bulletproof? he's 23 not 17.  16 games played, 0 clan sheets "aww I feel sorry for the poor dear". If he had anything about him he'd tell Jos (who I can't believe can't see it) that he is not ready and needs a loan to league 2 or Scotland.

Correct, he is a man. He is also a professional footballer, I would hope he can handle a little bit of pressure and criticism. 

17 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Anyone who chanted Westwood’s name today is a fool.

Dawson was poor. More than poor second half. The lad should have been “rested” before now, and 100% after today, but you lot who chanted for Westwood in front of a virgin young keeper having a nightmare want shooting. 

I disagree regarding Dawson’s performance. I don’t think he had a bad game at all. I also think that, should Westwood have been playing, we’d have been embarrassed regardless. 

The problem isn’t the goalkeeping situation (for clarity I still think that Wildsmith shouldn’t have been dropped). The problem is that there are ten players in front of the keeper doing little to protect him. 

17 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Dawson was poor. More than poor second half. The lad should have been “rested” before now, and 100% after today, but you lot who chanted for Westwood in front of a virgin young keeper having a nightmare want shooting. 

Rested, thought he was on holiday in the 2nd Half.

In fairness he is a good keeper but needs a break, to ship goals in every game will be killing his confidence, should have brought Wildsmith or Westwood in just to change things around.

Granted, I wasn't there, but the highlights exonerate Dawson a lot in my opinion. 

I heard the 4th goal was Dawson's fault, but having watched it - yes it was a poor kick - but the casual jogging back from Lees who was level with the goalscorer is unforgivable and totally points the blame at him. 

1 minute ago, kristmace said:

Granted, I wasn't there, but the highlights exonerate Dawson a lot in my opinion. 

I heard the 4th goal was Dawson's fault, but having watched it - yes it was a poor kick - but the casual jogging back from Lees who was level with the goalscorer is unforgivable and totally points the blame at him. 

Kicking is his weakness, funny thing is during warm up he launches it right down the pitch usually on target, game starts and kicks it 20 yards to the opposition.

17 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Jos well on his way to ruining a potentially excellent goalkeeper by being stubborn and sticking with him, even though his confidence appears to be shot to pieces.

I’d suspect those singing for Westwood was a charge to the manager and not directed to Dawson - or at least that’s what I’d hope; Dawson isn’t picking himself, and I bet he wishes he could take a back seat for a while. But nugget Jos picks him anyway...

I agree. I think the chants were aimed at Jos. In regards to not picking Westwood Hutch etc.  But Dawson must be devastated hearing that and can't have not took it to heart.

He does need a rest though.

whatever the cause or whichever way it manifests it'self I bet his confidence will be virtually shot by now still say he was given

the poisen'd chalice to early as training and matchday is a hell of a difference , there is no middle ground , but time will tell as I feel with jos nailing his colours it's a little late to eat humble pie if needs be

20 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Virgin? 

:tango:

4 hours ago, the monk said:

Thought my eyes were deceiving me when I read his post 

You forgot to mention 4 or 5 one on ones as well

Although his kicking was poor it has to be said 

As for the chanting for Westwood it's beyond belief 

Well lets hope that those on the North Stand are proud of themselves for totally draining the lad of confidence on the eve of a derby match. i bet there pissin* themselves down the road at all this. 

I get that the chanting wouldnt have been aimed at Dawson .. I for one firmly support him, I don't think he's let us down as much as the players in front of him yet he gets dogs abuse while defenders get away with plenty ..

Lack of consistency in team selections and defending ability though is killing us .. defensively we are absolutely clueless ... some players should be ashamed of themselves