I feel sorry for Dawson.

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Anyone who chanted Westwood’s name today is a fool.

Dawson was poor. More than poor second half. The lad should have been “rested” before now, and 100% after today, but you lot who chanted for Westwood in front of a virgin young keeper having a nightmare want shooting. 

Those chants weren’t a slight on Dawson. They were aimed at Jos and DC in protest at the unnecessary and ludicrous freezing out of senior players

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Anyone who chanted Westwood’s name today is a fool.

Dawson was poor. More than poor second half. The lad should have been “rested” before now, and 100% after today, but you lot who chanted for Westwood in front of a virgin young keeper having a nightmare want shooting. 

you thought he was poor …..I thought he was our best player …...at fault with the 4th but it could easily have been 6 or 7 if he hadn't kept on his toes . … 

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

you thought he was poor …..I thought he was our best player …...at fault with the 4th but it could easily have been 6 or 7 if he hadn't kept on his toes . … 

First half fine.

Second half he was a mess from the start. Lost his confidence mid-kicking 3 on the trot. His fluffed clearance just sealed a terrible day for him.

I think any young goalie conceding 12 in four is needing a break.

Just now, sheriwozgod said:

Don't agree with chanting for Westwood but I have been saying for weeks ( and been getting stick / negs ) that continually playing him will cause him more harm than good...…………..funnily enough none of the neggers are around tonight.

Aren't they?

• Like 1

I doubt there was a passing of the baton between himself and Westwood.

I can see zero support coming from Kieran to Cameron.

I believe there could be alot of resentment from older pro's to the current squad.

Carlos made them feel untouchable and Jos made them feel worthless. 

I bet several cast outs will be walking around grinning at our demise, while checking there online banking to make sure there 30k a week has been deposited. 

It's a sad, vicious, greed fueled state

Just now, Holmowl said:

First half fine.

Second half he was a mess from the start. Lost his confidence mid-kicking 3 on the trot. His fluffed clearance just sealed a terrible day for him.

I think any young goalie conceding 12 in four is needing a break.

he made 3 or 4 good saves second half ...had no chance with the first 3 goals and yes his distribution wasn't great but I don't see that warrants being dropped ……..wildsmith as conceded 7 in 2 for the under 23s with from what I read at least 5 of them down to him so I think sticking with dawson is a far better option 

7 minutes ago, Gresh said:

We probably need to rest Dawson but Jos won't play Westwood.  That leaves Wildsmith who recently had a nightmare game in the u23s.

Dan Wallis is closer to the first team than KW infact the keeper from the u12's probably is too.

I would take Westwood over Dawson any day but I felt sorry for Dawson when the Kop were singing for Westwood ,  It's not Dawsons fault he's been given a job that's too big for him. 

13 hours ago, Tom22709 said:

The chants for Westwood weren’t aimed at Dawson I don’t think, they were aimed at the management in reaction to a shocking overall performance. The chants were pathetic and short sighted but were clearly just out of frustration 

Doesnt' matter where they were aimed they were always going to impact one person in the stadium more than anyone else.

If the dunces singing didn't realise that then they are thick as mince.

Guest wilyfox

Please don't ruin him. We want to be a club that brings young talent through, right, rather than see them walk to other clubs? So nurture them, don't annihilate them. 

Westwood is one of the most overrated players I have seen here. He is indecisive to the through ball, and has woeful distribution. He did have excellent shot saving ability, but that has declined. He made some schoolboy errors last season. Add to that he suffers from endemic fitness issues.

Now, I would also say he is one of the best players we have had this century, and at his best he has been one of the best keepers in this league. He has been and may yet be one of the best keepers in this league. It is impossible for the fan to make confident judgments because we don't see them in training; but yes, if fit I would probably lay him as first choice.

Let's not pretend though either that he is a world class keeper; or that this is the biggest issue in how the team in set up. Given the chance to confront Chansiri yesterday, fans seemed to have majored on the goalkeeper selection. That seems odd to me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ian said:

If anyone singing that thinks it won't affect Dawson then they are f**kin idiots.

Actually, having witnessed many of our so called supporters at recent away games I know for a fact that they are

That may be true but can he get any worse ? The fans have given him enough time and all we see is poor kicks flapping and mistakes leading to goals...even the norwich fans were taking the pisswhere is the point where we say we either need to look at another goalkeeper or bring back westwood because the guy we have between the sticks right now just isnt good enough...re the chanting, frustrations simply boiled over and that is down to jos and DC.