I feel sorry for Dawson.

I said before, I have no problem with building for the future. We know we are knackered financially. We get that, and it's right that we play the youth players for experience. However the way Jos has handled this with Dawson is nothing short of atrocious. He made a big thing of announcing it pre season thereby raising the profile. Dawson made mistakes, but rather than handle it properly, letting Dawson have a few games out and then brought back in, he insisted on playing the same stupid tactics and keeping him in the spotlight. He left Dawson out to dry. He then comes out with a statement about Westwood and football reasons, again raising the profile. 

The chants today for Westwood were completely of Jos's making. He is/has ruined Dawson. Unnecessarily. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Anyone who chanted Westwood’s name today is a fool.

Dawson was poor. More than poor second half. The lad should have been “rested” before now, and 100% after today, but you lot who chanted for Westwood in front of a virgin young keeper having a nightmare want shooting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dawson`s confidence must be shot . I blame Jos for this. He runs the risk of destroying a young keepers future. Dawson has made mistakes, like any young player does, but having to play behind that shower of shiete we call a defence is making matters worse.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Anyone who chanted Westwood’s name today is a fool.

Dawson was poor. More than poor second half. The lad should have been “rested” before now, and 100% after today, but you lot who chanted for Westwood in front of a virgin young keeper having a nightmare want shooting. 

He made a mistake that cost the 4th goal.....well after the morons were shouting Westwood name 

• Like 1

Jos well on his way to ruining a potentially excellent goalkeeper by being stubborn and sticking with him, even though his confidence appears to be shot to pieces.

I’d suspect those singing for Westwood was a charge to the manager and not directed to Dawson - or at least that’s what I’d hope; Dawson isn’t picking himself, and I bet he wishes he could take a back seat for a while. But nugget Jos picks him anyway...

• Like 1

I feel a bit bad for him.

I rate him as a keeper for the future. 

The whole team is a shambles though at the moment - and that’s not going to help him. 

However, kicking is a basic requirement - and if we have Fletcher and Nuhiu on, we need to get it to them.  

Just now, Kopparberg said:

I feel a bit bad for him.

I rate him as a keeper for the future. 

The whole team is a shambles though at the moment - and that’s not going to help him. 

However, kicking is a basic requirement - and if we have Fletcher and Nuhiu on, we need to get it to them.  

Let's be honest though Westwoods kicking isn't anything special.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Dawson`s confidence must be shot . I blame Jos for this. He runs the risk of destroying a young keepers future. Dawson has made mistakes, like any young player does, but having to play behind that shower of shiete we call a defence is making matters worse.  

So what are you saying? is it Jos' fault or the defence?

Or maybe the fans who chanted the name of one of his goalkeeping colleagues?

Why feel sorry for him ? He doesn't inspire any confidence whatsoever, amongst those in front of him, or those of us watching from the stands. He does not communicate at all, does not command his area, his kicking remains woeful, and he makes mistakes every single game. He doesn't seem to be making any progress whatsoever.

He should never have been the starting keeper, and to keep on playing him just beggar's belief. 

24 minutes ago, SUPER OWLS O.K. said:

The chants for Westwood today were disgraceful. Absolutely no need to take it out on Dawson, there are much bigger problems at the club than him.

Never sang or booed against the team in my life. But everyone is entitled to voice their opinions. The chants were aimed at Jos not Dawson. 

why is he bulletproof? he's 23 not 17.  16 games played, 0 clan sheets "aww I feel sorry for the poor dear". If he had anything about him he'd tell Jos (who I can't believe can't see it) that he is not ready and needs a loan to league 2 or Scotland.

4 minutes ago, Tom22709 said:

The chants for Westwood weren’t aimed at Dawson I don’t think, they were aimed at the management in reaction to a shocking overall performance. The chants were pathetic and short sighted but were clearly just out of frustration 

Think that was the case. First chant was for Hutchinson as well. Just sheer frustration that in football you play your 11 best players. End of 

36 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

I said before, I have no problem with building for the future. We know we are knackered financially. We get that, and it's right that we play the youth players for experience. However the way Jos has handled this with Dawson is nothing short of atrocious. He made a big thing of announcing it pre season thereby raising the profile. Dawson made mistakes, but rather than handle it properly, letting Dawson have a few games out and then brought back in, he insisted on playing the same stupid tactics and keeping him in the spotlight. He left Dawson out to dry. He then comes out with a statement about Westwood and football reasons, again raising the profile. 

The chants today for Westwood were completely of Jos's making. He is/has ruined Dawson. Unnecessarily. 

I've said all along that making him first choice in this season with our problems at the back would be as likely to break him as make him. The chants weren't aimed primarily at him and were not going to help matters but sadly this has been coming and is of the clubs making with the way they have dealt with the situation.