I feel sorry for Dawson.

22 hours ago, kristmace said:

Granted, I wasn't there, but the highlights exonerate Dawson a lot in my opinion. 

I heard the 4th goal was Dawson's fault, but having watched it - yes it was a poor kick - but the casual jogging back from Lees who was level with the goalscorer is unforgivable and totally points the blame at him. 

Agree, Lees has been awful. It’s like playing with 10 once we go a goal down

Needstaking out for a prolonged period.

Positionslly awful, not aggressive enough, can’t pass, slow. Never rated him, when we stick wi him until? 

11 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Let's not look for another scapegoat to mask the treatment one is getting.

We need to pull together for once.

Remember when we could say WAWAW?

We might but try telling that to those who pull the shirt on and don't give a flying f**k. Sick to the back teeth of I couldn't give a sh*t attitude. Yes I agree the manager as a lot to answer to , but these so called primadonnas drawing tens of thousand a week and they strut around giving nothing back to the club. The end of their contracts cant come quick enough. We had all this in the 90's never thought I witness this again with inflated contracts which we cannot get out of. Yet there's still folk on here who would love to see the likes of Penney get a 5 year contract. Why what as he proved so far with Wednesday. Bit like the rest, sod all. One man and one only responsiblke for this shambles and it ain't the manager. By the way again folk think big daft Mick is the saviour, jesus wept. Blinkered or what.

24 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Exactly my thoughts.

Well written Chris Holt!

Chris Holt pulls no punches on this one and nails it 100%. I hope Cammy can put it in to perspective and see it for what it was, a section of 'supporters' who had to vent and get their point across to the manager, no matter how misguided or embarrassing (IMO). A couple of weeks in football is a very very long time isn't it.....need to draw a line in the sand and dig in for the next few weeks or else the whole things gonna blow.

It'll be backs to the wall Friday night but its an opportunity to stand up and be counted.

FFS       

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 18:17, Holmowl said:

Anyone who chanted Westwood’s name today is a fool.

Dawson was poor. More than poor second half. The lad should have been “rested” before now, and 100% after today, but you lot who chanted for Westwood in front of a virgin young keeper having a nightmare want shooting. 

The poor Dawson saved 5 one on ones second half. I agree that he cost us the 4th goal and over all his confidence looks shot. This is both of Jos doing and a section of the fans, but mostly the defence in front of him. Westwood should be there to help him. Maybe come in for the odd game but Dawson should be number 1.

We have a very promising keeper, if handled properly can play at the top level IMO. However, we as fans need to do our part and chanting Westwoods name does harm not good.

Get behind him.

Hutchinsons name on the other matter should be chanted.

Dawson was not to blame for the first three goals and saved a penalty. However, his distribution was awful. Many kicks went straight out of play and playing a pass on the ground out through the centre of the penalty area was a shocking and costly decision that led to the fourth goal. I hope he learns from that mistake.

I can see the point on the Westwood chants and Dawson’s confidence. But if the manager won’t make a decision people will try and make it for him. Both Dawson and Wildsmith need experience but not continually if they are not ready. Dawson hasn’t even had a prolonged spell on loan somewhere.

I don’t think a new keeper could grumble with a run as long as this in the side. Plenty to take and learn from it. Someone like Westwood should be able to help...if we are not trying to force him off the wage bill slightly earlier of course...

Look Owls fans are fairly passive in the last 18 months we have been dished up crap match after crap match and had to pay £40 ish for tickets to watch the rubbish but even now still 23,000 turn up week in week out to support the team.

In that same time the chairman has done everything in his power to alienate as many fans as possible, be it the silly prices, messing with the club history with the shirts, the preventing of less of fans supporting their team with the cancellation of the radio deal for what would not pay Hutch's wages for 1 week.

We have a manager who from day to day does not have a clue which players are allowed to play, on Friday we had 3 injured players and the rest were fit but Fessi /Matias are not fit enough to play in the derby, then later that day we were told they might be fit, presumably the chairman had a late start on Friday. Then after the fans chanted for Westwood to play he has picked up an injury and not trained for 3 weeks but according to Jos just 18 hours earlier he was fit.

We keep getting treated like mugs by the Chairman and his manager then don't be surprised if the reception the club get at the game get worse. 

• Thanks 1

On 03/11/2018 at 18:08, stanningtonowl said:

The chants today for Westwood were completely of Jos's making. He is/has ruined Dawson. Unnecessarily. 

Bang on, the morons singing for Westwood are more fooookin stupid than the idiot in charge of team selection.

I mean, what's Dawson supposed to do....err Jos I ain't playing, get Westwood in?

No problem with jos out chants, but ffs...Dawson should not be the scapegoat

Edited by sherlyegg

It’s often overlooked that a keeper is an integral part of the defence, he’s the only one who can see everything that is happening and a good, experienced keeper really helps with defensive organisation. Quite rightly everyone in our defence has been left out of the starting line up at some point - all except our keeper. I don’t understand that.

On 3 November 2018 at 19:34, stanningtonowl said:

If Jos had protected him properly instead of hanging him out to dry, no one would have been chanting Westwoods name. Poor management by Jos for me. Feel sorry for the lad because it's not his doing this. Should be a high point in his career breaking into the first team and it has become a nightmare on the back of someone else's ineptitude. 

Ramone why did you neg this? 

1 hour ago, Wakefield owl said:

It’s often overlooked that a keeper is an integral part of the defence, he’s the only one who can see everything that is happening and a good, experienced keeper really helps with defensive organisation. Quite rightly everyone in our defence has been left out of the starting line up at some point - all except our keeper. I don’t understand that.

Club captain is playing centre back. He needs to take some responsibility especially with a young keeper behind him.

Dawson has been pretty much flawless with the exception of the 4th goal saturday. He's made the most saves in the division which suggests he has saved us from bigger defeats and won the odd point or two from draws and wins.

Whoever has criticised him needs to be ashamed.

Pudil was to blame for the first two goals (and has admitted it), nothing is said about that from an experienced player as well!!!!

Edited by mark77

12 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

No answer? Perhaps if you're not using your backbone you could lend it to Reach? (ps are you still supporting Dave Moans?). 

Seems to me a bit neurotic to be so aggressively harassing someone for having the temerity to award you one measly negative vote, especially as he's not been online for the last 7 hours.