I feel sorry for Dawson.

We shouldn't turn all this into a referendum on the merits of  Dawson v Westwood. We have 3 decent keepers on our books, but a poor Head Coach. The tactics, team selection & questionable squad management/ rotation are all down to Jos, & that's the reason for our poor defensive record & pitiful league position

It was harsh singing Westwood’s name. He will be a good keeper in time will Dawson and I want him to be a legend at Wednesday.

However, he isn’t ready. Kieran Westwood is easily our best keeper. The chairman/manager have made a rod for their own backs with this one.

I did sing the ‘Sammy Hutchinson’ song though as I’m sick and tired watching Joey Pelupessy playing in centre mid. Another performance where I hardly see him. Another ridiculous scenario. League 1 player. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Never sang or booed against the team in my life. But everyone is entitled to voice their opinions. The chants were aimed at Jos not Dawson. 

So sing chants against Jos then.

What good do you think the Westwood chants would have done for Dawson's confidence? It was spiteful and pathetic.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SUPER OWLS O.K. said:

So sing chants against Jos then.

What good do you think the Westwood chants would have done for Dawson's confidence? It was spiteful and pathetic.

It was inevitable 

As soon as we started with 3 keepers and Westwood didn't go, this was bound to happen. 

Buck stops at jos for this.

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

It was inevitable 

As soon as we started with 3 keepers and Westwood didn't go, this was bound to happen. 

Buck stops at jos for this.

I agree. But don't take it out on the kid who's done nothing wrong other than being hung out to dry by a stubborn manager.

1 hour ago, stanningtonowl said:

I said before, I have no problem with building for the future. We know we are knackered financially. We get that, and it's right that we play the youth players for experience. However the way Jos has handled this with Dawson is nothing short of atrocious. He made a big thing of announcing it pre season thereby raising the profile. Dawson made mistakes, but rather than handle it properly, letting Dawson have a few games out and then brought back in, he insisted on playing the same stupid tactics and keeping him in the spotlight. He left Dawson out to dry. He then comes out with a statement about Westwood and football reasons, again raising the profile. 

The chants today for Westwood were completely of Jos's making. He is/has ruined Dawson. Unnecessarily. 

It wasn't the manager who was chanting for Westwood. Absolutely no excuse for the lowlifes who have virtually destroyed Dawsons confidence. Well done those on the North stand. 

55 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Anyone who chanted Westwood’s name today is a fool.

Dawson was poor. More than poor second half. The lad should have been “rested” before now, and 100% after today, but you lot who chanted for Westwood in front of a virgin young keeper having a nightmare want shooting. 

How do you know he’s still a virgin :stuwinky:

Changing the back 4 every game in front of a rookie GK is never going to end well. That's not his fault, it's the manager.

He's top of the shots saved charts which tells the story, we give him no protection and his confidence likeky low with all the debate around Westwood and (imo disrespectful) chants today will do nothing to help. 

18 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

It wasn't the manager who was chanting for Westwood. Absolutely no excuse for the lowlifes who have virtually destroyed Dawsons confidence. Well done those on the North stand. 

If Jos had protected him properly instead of hanging him out to dry, no one would have been chanting Westwoods name. Poor management by Jos for me. Feel sorry for the lad because it's not his doing this. Should be a high point in his career breaking into the first team and it has become a nightmare on the back of someone else's ineptitude. 

45 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Think that was the case. First chant was for Hutchinson as well. Just sheer frustration that in football you play your 11 best players. End of 

The Hutch chants were fine. They weren’t aimed “against” one specific player. Hutch could replace one of many.

By contrast those shouting for Westwood are clearly aimed at a single player, our young keeper. Brilliant support that.

And the posters saying they were aimed at Jos - doh you don’t say!  But Jos is a vastly experienced middle-aged manager and can take dogs abuse all day every day. Dawson, in goalkeeping terms, is a kid. Barmy.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SUPER OWLS O.K. said:

I agree. But don't take it out on the kid who's done nothing wrong other than being hung out to dry by a stubborn manager.

No I agree. I didn’t chant it. 

But clearly these people felt they need their voices heard, which is clearly because of the utter smoke screen that seems to have come from the club and manager on this

Just now, Holmowl said:

No it stops with those who chanted.

They clearly felt their voices aren’t being heard. 

Phone ins, interviews, forums, social media, the pub etc has been hammered by Westwood and Hutch talk for weeks on end.

Its come to nothing. Except bemusement.

So this was the next logical step wasn’t it?

I feel desperately bad for Dawson and that’s why I wouldn’t and didn’t chant that, nor anyone with me. But ffs what an utter disaster this club has allowed to happen.

Just now, WhiteOwl91 said:

No I agree. I didn’t chant it. 

But clearly these people felt they need their voices heard, which is clearly because of the utter smoke screen that seems to have come from the club and manager on this

I’m no expert on this but I suspect the decision to exclude several players, including Westwood, come from DC. What manager in their right mind would exclude such quality as Westwood, Hutchinson, Jones and Boyd, who are better players than several regulars and subs.

I expect the legal advice is that they have to be not picked on form or ability. To exclude them on payment clauses probably amounts to some sort of restriction of trade.

Im absolutely certain this is a DC instruction, and Jos has no choice other than claim it’s a form issue or walk.

Might make it difficult to recruit a weather-beaten manager such as MM. I can’t imagine many managers would wear it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

If Jos had protected him properly instead of hanging him out to dry, no one would have been chanting Westwoods name. Poor management by Jos for me. Feel sorry for the lad because it's not his doing this. Should be a high point in his career breaking into the first team and it has become a nightmare on the back of someone else's ineptitude. 

Sorry mate but I don't accept the chanting of Westwood is down to Jos. Jos is out of his depth but that was bang out of order. The team is bad enough at the moment . Are we really trying to make things better by these chants, I doubt it. To be fair he wasnt really that bad today.

2 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Sorry mate but I don't accept the chanting of Westwood is down to Jos. Jos is out of his depth but that was bang out of order. The team is bad enough at the moment . Are we really trying to make things better by these chants, I doubt it. To be fair he wasnt really that bad today.

I didn't think he was and when he saved the penalty I hoped it would give him confidence. However I think the chants were borne out of a frustration at the whole club ethos at the moment. Im sure if the majority of them could turn back the clock, the chant wouldn't have happened. However I still believe it was created by Jos's management (mis) of the situation. He's supposed to be an experienced manager. Well he doesn't seem like that to me. Seems like he's still learning his trade. 

Don't agree at all with the Westwood chants (even if they were I feel aimed at the manager\) Dawson should in my view have been rested a few weeks back. I think he clearly has potential (and made two very good saves after his mistake for the fourth otherwise it would have been 6-0. The issue re his kicking I am less sure about but as others have said Westwood isn't that great at kicking(and I think Westwood would also suffer from Jos clear instruction to pass it out from the back instead of going long) TBH it is entirely Jos' fault for adopting the modern day de riguer and frankly tiresome obsession of playing it from the back and passing it around even under a constant press from the other side. Fine if you have the players to do it (Liverpool/ Man City etc) but f u c k i n lunacy if you have Lees Palmer and Pudil/Fox/any of our other defenders...

I was embarrassed listening to the Wednesday fans, mainly at the Leppings Lane end too, singing Keiren Westwood's name 50 yards from Cameron Dawson.

The lad has worked with Andy Rhodes, Chris Kirkland, Nicky Weaver and Westwood, played for England at youth level and is a Wednesdayite to boot, yet he had had no support from his own supporters - or his defence - all season.

No coincidence that his kicking turned nervy after those chants started and he made a mistake for the fourth goal. He'd saved a penalty and been arguably our best player up to that point ffs.

Some of the abuse being hurled his way today was absolutely disgusting. Whatever the reasoning behind the omission of Westwood, a young Wednesdayite has currently got the jersey and the fans needed to get behind him.

When we're doing well, Wednesdayites can be the best in the land, but when the going gets tough (four defeats...) the fanbase turns into a horde of pitchfork wielding dickheads.

Edited by KivoOwl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TaxiMark said:

Fans were not aiming this at Dawson they are aiming at at jos who is a lier and is taking.the pissout of the fans here ...just tell us the truth!!!

If anyone its him that has caused this.

If anyone singing that thinks it won't affect Dawson then they are f**kin idiots.

Actually, having witnessed many of our so called supporters at recent away games I know for a fact that they are

• Like 2