Matt Penney Contract

11 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

No he wasn't but he's shown what some have been saying a while now i.e. he just makes stuff up as he goes along basing his facts on bits and bats picked up/made up along the way mixed with shitloads of imagination.

You're right I wasn't kidding I honestly didn't realise KIN were Doyen. Don't see why that means I was making stuff up though.

Still each to their own.

On 04/10/2018 at 14:41, Hookowl said:

His agents are KIN Partners, not heard anything about them either good or bad.

Kin are the same agents as George Hirst is tied up with,

they use to be Doyen Sports,, 

So he will be off to Leicester city .... 

3 hours ago, vulva said:

Penney looks a very good prospect but people are getting carried away. 

We’re so desperate for academy success lol 

If it was any other club there would definitely be admiration but you can’t beat owlstalk in the OTT reaction department 

A few fancy flicks and our hearts melt lol 

Edited by FreshOwl

10 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I know many people like to paint Doyen as Satan's very own football agency, but I don't think they'll be particularly desperate to churn 20 year old relativeky unknown, low earning left backs from one club to another.

I thinks you need to research Doyen's business model :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I thinks you need to research Doyen's business model :rolleyes:

I think you need to look at a lot of others rather than just Doyen who operate in similar ways across loads of clubs and across loads of leagues all over the world rather than constantly trying to make out that they are the world's worst and we're the world's biggest mugs constantly.

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I think you need to look at a lot of others rather than just Doyen who operate in similar ways across loads of clubs and across loads of leagues all over the world rather than constantly trying to make out that they are the world's worst and we're the world's biggest mugs constantly.

Can't remember saying we are mugs, please show where I have.

Can't really comment on other agents as I have no knowledge of how others operate. Doyen have form, perhaps you may not know?

On 02/10/2018 at 15:12, CraigSGM said:

He's coming through at a really awkward time. I bet there's a few people at the club sat scratching their heads wondering how to tackle this offer. 

He looks like the real deal, so do we offer him a deal in line with the senior pros in his position? 

Or, do we make him the best paid player in his age group, but still well short of the other first team players?

He is young and hasn't played many games. He looks very good, but it's not uncommon for young players to break through, look like world beaters then drop off and end up back in the U23s. With that in mind, a deal in line with the first team seems unlikely. 

But, if we offer him a 4 year deal on relatively low wages because of his age and inexperience, unless we're going to renegotiate it twice a season for the rest of the deal, there's a good chance he'll have his head turned by vastly improved offers elsewhere if he continues to develop at the same rate. 

We have to get this exactly right, else it could scupper negotiations with all youngsters breaking through for the next few years. Give him a senior wage after six games and everyone coming through will want one. Give him a low wage when he's first choice in his position and the young lads will always be looking elsewhere for a better deal, knowing that younger players at Wednesday don't get paid well, even if you're a first team regular.

It could also be the case that Matt and his agent want to hold off until the end of the season, as it puts them in a much stronger position for negotiating a good contract if he's been first choice all year. 

I don't envy whoever has to try and work this one out. 

Well put. Not a time to spread panic on this site either. The management are obviously playing it cool for the time being. So should we. After all his current form could drop off.

For the record I think he's potentially a premiership class attacking full back.

• Like 1

On 02/10/2018 at 15:48, theowlsman said:

Of course he'll sign for us. Bazza's had a word with him. 

He regards us as comfortable as his mother's breast.

Not now like, I meant when he was hungry as a babby. FFS.

Your minds honestly!

Well I think he's more than a 'bitty' part player.

• Haha 2

On 02/10/2018 at 16:47, Ronnie Starling said:

We've been banging the drum on here for ages asking why he wasn't played in front of Fox. If there is a chance we could lose him for next to nowt then the club will have to ask itself how much will it cost to get a replacement as good as Penney is? Penney looks a far better prospect than what Hirst was.

Agree with this. Hirst a raw talent not yet ready for the 1st team; Penney, on the other hand, has slotted in easily. I hope his contact offer will reflect his standing in the squad at the time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I know many people like to paint Doyen as Satan's very own football agency, but I don't think they'll be particularly desperate to churn 20 year old relativeky unknown, low earning left backs from one club to another.

They did with the lad at Hull.

But I think he will stay here